Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Flexo

Ignorance? What Ignorance?

Well, as simple as it would be you could make some ingame message board that would allow players to post what they are selling or what they feel like expressing to one another. It would allow off topic in market since no1 would need to spam it with 'I SELL 3 RABBIT FURS 453654 GC EACH!!!!!!!1111~1~1!!1~~~1!!'. Ppl could simply explore the board and find what they want, faster than spamming the market channel.

Lineage I has this idea implemented and it only works good if you have no way to globally broadcast your sales (i.e., what the market channel is for). Idea=bad

i think it would be a good idea, no waitinf 1-2 hours to sell or buy something, they contact you

Ooh! And we could put it on the EL website, and call it a "Forum"!

but not everyone is on the forums >.>

Seriously, how many ppl check the trade forums, and how many have managed to make a sale via the trade forum. I bet everyone does that.

Lineage I has this idea implemented and it only works good if you have no way to globally broadcast your sales (i.e., what the market channel is for). Idea=bad

Did you even read the whole thing?

Edited by Flexo

Seriously, how many ppl check the trade forums, and how many have managed to make a sale via the trade forum. I bet everyone does that.

Did you even read the whole thing?

Well, as simple as it would be you could make some ingame message board that would allow players to post what they are selling or what they feel like expressing to one another. It would allow off topic in market since no1 would need to spam it with 'I SELL 3 RABBIT FURS 453654 GC EACH!!!!!!!1111~1~1!!1~~~1!!'. Ppl could simply explore the board and find what they want, faster than spamming the market channel.

Obviously I had to read it. Let me emphasize the main points:

· The idea sucks.

· You suck.

· Your existance sucks.

Ingame message board = Lineage uses it. The game has 3 different main servers, a pk and non pk one with "global" chatting abilities, and one regular "newb" server with no global chatting. On the non-global chatting one, the message board works great. But unless you feel like removing all channels ingame, or atleast removing the market channel, then your idea is sadly mistaken.

Oh, and I use the market place. I even made a mass sales list awhile back and over 70% of my stock got sold. I'm happy for that. :P

I'm not saying all channels should be deleted, esspecially not the market one. But there would be no bitching then by mods 'topic' 'muted' etc. It would simply be an alternative place to sell and imo you'd sell everything quite fast from that board and it wouldn't be flooded with stupid messages if they limit the messages there down to 1/player.

· You suck.

· Your existance sucks.

Keep that in flames.

I'm not saying all channels should be deleted, esspecially not the market one. But there would be no bitching then by mods 'topic' 'muted' etc. It would simply be an alternative place to sell and imo you'd sell everything quite fast from that board and it wouldn't be flooded with stupid messages if they limit the messages there down to 1/player.

· You suck.

· Your existance sucks.

Keep that in flames.

The mods job for some part is to moderate channels. The end. There is NOTHING else to say about this.

Your idea can be split into two things: market channel or the market forum on this board. The whole idea of selling your items is to also actively broadcast them: just putting up posters around isn't gonna help you that much.

As for the flames forum, I don't even have to repeat it there: you know it's true yourself.

Hrm... I see a flame starting here... If you continue to flame, Somebody else or I will lock the topic... stay on topic!

Edited by goatsgomoo

The idea is great. I mean nobody looks on the trade forums. And maybe this would also be a good idea -->You could put something for sale on the boards and if anyone wanted to buy it he would click "yes" and the storages would trade.

this would maybe create a "trade center" somewhere in-game, probably near a storage :) i like the idea of the board and of moving trade from the forums into the game very good