Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
capetorial

Food

in real life i could go up to a rabbit and kill it somehow, not gunna get too gruesome on this and start eating teh edible parts, chances are i wont get sick, the only reason humans dont eat raw meat is 'cause we store it and then it gets infected. chances are one could even eat stored raw meat w/o getting infected but the penalty is too high so we dont. so, i figure some kind of deterioration of raw meat, lasts 1 of teh 6 game hour/minute things.

Every suggestion is taken into consideration.

We did think of having raw meat spoil..I dont know if we'll ever do it though.

Having Raw Meat spoil would be a nice addition but only if there are many more uses for Raw Meat!

As the game stand now, the are only two real uses for Raw meat, which are Potions and Summoning. Both of these two uses require players to either Carry the Meat around with them or Store it for long periods of time. Otherwise, a player might as well just sell it.

If you're going to make it perishable then that's going to force players too use up their stores a lot faster but if we only have two uses for it, we aren't going to bother saving up just for those two uses if we aren't readdy to invest our time and Skills and this will cause those two skills to suffer, expecially Summoning which is an overrated, under used skill as it is.

well..spoiled raw meat would still apply as an animal part, but it would like be poisonous to eat or something...plus in 'scape, fermenting of unfermented wine showed they knew how to add the code for timing on items, if you guys knew that kind of code....and i hope you know what i mean by 'scape

Oh, here's an idea. Only Spoiled Rotten Meat can can used in Summoning of Evil Creatures!

Of course, If Meat was to spoil then meat laying around on the ground in bags should spoil faster then meat in Inventory or Storage. Then, collecting Meat laying around IP would slightly more difficult.