Eternal Lands Official Forums
Alastria

Help Bot At Wraith

I come in and he just stands there...I think I tried creating a new character once and he still just stands there...any way to make him more interactive? There's nothing that tells you right off to talk to him to get some help. I tried trading w/ him to see if he'd do anything and he started the Help speil...

If you could click on him instead, like you do with Wraith, maybe it'll help a bit more? I don't know if he's an EL creation or someone else's, but he's a good idea, just needs to be more interactive...

Steps are being taken so that new players will get PM'd by /help so they know how to get help from him. Also, planning on letting him 'advertise' himself once his answers are a little bit more complete.

Clicking on him would need server side support :( , but I'd loke to have that available!

*hugs to Learner*

KK...he works well, just wasn't sure who owned him for some of things to happen more...

Is there possibly a way that Help Bot could be given NH privileges, that way when someone's new character is made, it will automatically PM them? Something about reading the chat code that comes by and it'll read the "#Message from God: Our newest member is playername! " and then PM them from whatever is in place of Playername? 'Course, it'd have to be up to Roja and Ent to add Help to the NH channel, but I think it'd be a great help...I know I've missed having Raven on Newbie Island, less people had problems starting and figuring out the game when we still had Newbie Island.

Yeah, there was also a newbie helper next to Wraith that did nearly the same as Help bot does now...

Not sure why it was taken out, either...