Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest toxic lemon

Better Pking System!

Guest toxic lemon

Okay, its my first day today, but i know a better way for PKing, here it is:

If you dont want a really strong guy fighting a level 1 noob, and you want a noob fighting another noob instead... then you should do this.

In the biggining of the map.... there will be a level 1 wilderness, and lets say you are a level 20. Then only level, 19, 20, and 21 can attack you. This way its more fare.... and the ferther in the wildernass you go then higher levels can attack you.

For instance, you are the same level 20, as i have mentioned, and your walk into level 10 wilderness, then players at the levels on 10-30 can attack you. The ferther you go, the higher the wilderness gets, and the higher the level of players can attack you.

I hope i said this really clear.

For a real example, its on the game runescape, www.runescape.com .

I'll state a rule straightaway for those people who are bound to post later: No flaming. :blink: Treat him nicely, please. :)

-Lyn-

one reason - it's called free will - so choose your path wisely grasshopper :blink:

Nah!

Eitherway, I just think they should convert the Arena into a Pk Challenge Map where Players you can or can not PK are restricted according to level and/or Equipment. And Instead of dying, the loser can just be transported outside the Arena and the next Challenger can step forward. Like a IronMan contest in a SteelCage match!

It's no reason really but it can be kind a lot of fun. Sometimes peple would like to play around with fighting in contests rather then serious life or death struggles! And it's not like they'll remove the Other PK Maps so they will still be there for the War Games

Second Player's should be able to watch safely from a distance! Kind of like a Colloseum!

I'll state a rule straightaway for those people who are bound to post later: No flaming.  :D  Treat him nicely, please. :angry:

-Lyn-

Lyanna,

How about diff suggestion:

1) limit the number of posts to 5 per day for 1 person (excluding devs)

2) lock the possibility to post in suggestions for people who play/use forum shorter than 2-3 months - if they try posting it elsewhere: warning->last call->ban from forums

EDIT

you can always edit your posts like this ^_^

see Lyanna ? :angry:

|

|

|

|

V

Edited by Quell

Well, I really don't have the power to do that... it's the Forum Admins who have to make that call. :angry: But in any case, there have been newbies with good suggestions before. We can't lock them out, just because we come across other newbies who don't understand the system before they make a suggestion. :D And generally, the really good suggestions would probably need some tweaking, so the original poster would have to reply to some questions/criticisms. Limiting it to 5 per day may slow down this process.

-Lyn-

P.S. toxic_lemon, you'll need to play the game more to understand our PK system. It's quite different from Runescape (which, by the way, a lot of players here don't like). The PK-system is designed to be this way, for various reasons.

Edited by Lyanna

.... :D ! *will try to hold in flaming*

Edited by Daxon

^

|

|

|

|

|

Agrees :D Half of us(probably ALL of us) know that game exists, and we hate it.

Okay, its my first day today, but i know a better way for PKing, here it is:

If you dont want a really strong guy fighting a level 1 noob, and you want a noob fighting another noob instead... then you should do this.

In the biggining of the map.... there will be a level 1 wilderness, and lets say you are a level 20. Then only level, 19, 20, and 21 can attack you. This way its more fare.... and the ferther in the wildernass you go then higher levels can attack you.

For instance, you are the same level 20, as i have mentioned, and your walk into level 10 wilderness, then players at the levels on 10-30 can attack you. The ferther you go, the higher the wilderness gets, and the higher the level of players can attack you.

I hope i said this really clear.

Ah, you see, this game is so much different than sme- err...runescape. You see, we don't have what you call "levels". Yes, we have different levels in different skills, but we don't average the fighting skills anymore. And the PK maps have different entry points. You see, we couldn't make it like you suggested because where would the areas start? In KF, would they go from west to east? East to west? North to south? Also, you really should spend the time to play the game before you make suggstions. And really, would you want to spend a long time making and developing a game just to have people say, "Hey, this way is better because it's in rs!" Really, the people making the game are trying to make an ORIGINAL game, not a rs clone. So please, keep that in mind when you're suggesting things. And even if you DO suggest things in RS (which you really should think about before you do), don't mention RS, because lots of people here hate it , partly because of the fact that it's really only a 1-person game with other people, partly because a lot of the people here that spam in-game and on the forum come from RS, and are saying things such as "RS is better! Play it, not EL!" Well, I think that's all...

I've never played Runescape, but the people here at EL remind me a lot of the people at Macintosh.

Anyway, why do there have to be separate PK maps? There should just be a PK window. The window will have a checkbox. It will say PK on/off. If you check it, anyone else who has it checked can attack you. On PK maps, you will have to turn PK on, but on other maps, it should be optional.

If you check it, anyone else who has it checked can attack you.

Well, not anyone. Also in the PK window will be a numericupdown. There is the level range you can fight. There would also be a checkbox allowing any level player to fight you.

PS: Of course there are levels in EL, goatsgomoo. Even though I have not played for a while, I am quite sure that has not changed.

I've never played Runescape, but the people here at EL remind me a lot of the people at Macintosh.

Anyway, why do there have to be separate PK maps? There should just be a PK window. The window will have a checkbox. It will say PK on/off. If you check it, anyone else who has it checked can attack you. On PK maps, you will have to turn PK on, but on other maps, it should be optional.

If you check it, anyone else who has it checked can attack you.

Well, not anyone. Also in the PK window will be a numericupdown. There is the level range you can fight. There would also be a checkbox allowing any level player to fight you.

PS: Of course there are levels in EL, goatsgomoo. Even though I have not played for a while, I am quite sure that has not changed.

Right, there are overall levels, but there are no levels that average att/def, unless they kept the combat level but you just don't see it...

EDIT: Oh yeah, why do we remind you of the people at Macintosh?

Edited by goatsgomoo

.... :D ! *will try to hold in flaming*

*spontaniously combusts, due to following suit.*.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9235

Edited by Hazor

Wow that was a great idea! How did you ever think that up? While we're at it, why dont we change WSC to Varrock and spreads begging noobs all over the place. That would also roxorz mah boxorz!