Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest EgoMatrix

Nelson And Bag Jumping

A better option for Nelson is if players have the option to be announced or not.

Learner, since you already found the thread... How do you like the idea of items simply disappearing (i.e. no death bag) when killed by an animal or monster? And of course still let PK'ers get the items from the people they kill.

Reasons:

1. Stop whiners "he took my back"

2. Get items / money out of the game.

The first one is what I'm concerned about, and the second one is what most developers are concerned about.

If the items simply disappeared, we'd hear even more complaints!

For god's sake. Just keep people in hell till they will not heal, the more HP you have the more time you

will sit in hell, and you can heal there even if your food level is negative, or just put a time limit, e.g. you

have to stay in hell 5-10 mins. Experience loss is very bad idea. Duh, I don't like it leveling is too boring

to implement such thing.

Regards.

y00 is all evil!! I will train a fluffy to hunt you night and day!! :P

BTW what is that about it is so big waste for pkers and fighters if they are bloody rich? They has

everything in every quantity so if they once of time loose all items they wear it would be quite sane.

I'd rather say to level 20 a/d you have decreased chance to loose items since you are a newbie.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

If the items simply disappeared, we'd hear even more complaints!

That's because people have gotten used to not really losing anything from dying. As Lyanna pointed out, death doesn't really mean anything. But you can't change the fact that death means nothing without people complaining.

Getting killed by an animal should never have left a bag, but unfortunately nobody thought about it back then.

I do believe however, that this is a change people will get used to pretty fast. Not like the bee stuff, that they get reminded about every time they go harvesting. Once they forget that once you could die without losing anything, like a noob, they will stop complaining.

Actually, I find that on the newbie channel, most newbies don't expect that their items would be retrievable. They complain about losing them, yes, but then we go and tell them about the deathbags still being around for about 10 minutes, and all the friendly people who will bagsit for them... and they get used to it.

If we removed items when they die, they will still complain (they do anyway), but it won't be that big a change from what they were expecting. Recovering items is counter-intuitive to most newbies' perceptions.

-Lyn-

BTW what is that about it is so big waste for pkers and fighters if they are bloody rich?

Excuse me, miss Linux :blink: When linux was showing his inventroy cash the last time he had over 80k gold, I cant imagine how much you had, and all the 'goodies' u've been giving out. Me, a bloody ritch fighter have 1,8k gold in storage, 1 bp and 1 mirror cape, 1 serp, 2 chains, im out of fur capes, no good rare book, and plate+cuisses that i got as a gift but i dont dare to use :ph34r: My luck with drops sux, and he's + pots aint cheap plus my crap breaks all the time.. Oh, im not coplaining, its a lot better than having all those millions like i used to, its kinda more fun like this o.0

Look, I saw one selling gen axe books for 250k each, and people were buying. Actually Learner and me

are working to supply items in Linux, and believe me making steel bars is alot more boring than

gamboling whole day on KF. Fighters always were rich and they still are. :-)

Regards.

i knew you will bring out the general axe book =) Its true, some ppl make a ton of money from it, but not a lot of people can kill so many fluffies to get this rare drop. I cant, nobody from my guild can also. Vikings can. But there is a limited number of manuers in the game and fighters are getting stronger so the price of general axe book will be dropping like the serp book did cos you can only read it once. I know about making steel bars, i used to have around 65 alch and 57 manu, thats why i chose not to do it anymore, nobody is forcing you into that, you can come to KF anytime =)

lets drop this, ok? :ph34r:

Many such as Kansle/Freestyler and Scarr/Satan (probly deny it ) Monoitor the Death Channel and Run to jump bags. I want this Bot Nelson Stopped, its a real problem imo  :blink:

I 100% agree, Nelson should be killed (but he's already in the underworld :ph34r: ) Ok - his programming should be modified.

BTW Kansle/Freestyler and Scarr/Satan would probably not deny it as unfortunately it's not breaking any rules, just doesn't make them very honourable players - that's all. :blink:

Two Thoughts:

1. I don't like the idea of losing Exp when you die. This basicly means that, if you lose, you could end up leaving the fight with Less Exp then you started with. The whole point of the Battle System in the game is to constantly gain Exp in anything you do. You gain something even when you lose! If you do this then we might as well basicly convert the game into a Platform game where you only gain Exp if you win!

2. Also, there's nothing wrong with leaving behind Bags in Monster Fights. In fact, that's kind of more likely anyway. It doesn't matter how you die, when you die you lose stuff! That's the way it's suppose to be! Unless you completely change the consept of Death in the Game, in which you might as wel prevent player's from losing anythng! After all, Some players train only on Animals! Why should they have to suffer while PKers have such advantages!

Now, one minor solution to this would be to have all weapons and Armor degrade one level when dropped. PKer's will still get their reward while those who just return to pick stuff after fights still loses value in reclaiming stuff without making Low Level players pay too drasticly.