Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

How Rabbits Eat Wolves?

None of your jokes were funny for me...

Regards.

No Zuz, I did not suspect you would find them funny. I doubt you share my sense of irreverence for such topics, nor would I expect you to. It is entirely possible that due to our differences in culture, you may not even have a clue as to the base ironies that make such jokes funny, or detested for that matter. Of course it is also possible that you just don’t like the jokes… NAAAAAHHHHHH. :ph34r:

Umm, gosh, I feel I must...

Salutations.

Spousal abuse is never funny. I also found none of those funny, and I'm American.

Ok fair enough...

But please bear in mind that Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater is a fictional character concocted by the Brothers Grim and used in Mother Goose's Fairy Tales.

Peter's wife, I assure you, came to no actual harm.

And if it makes you feel any better, Christ got his M&M's hand fed to him by Marry Magdalene. :ph34r:

Sorry, there is nothing that can be done about Kerry's long face...

Eeeesh everyone is a critic. <_<

Salutations.

I see this guy Marty tryin' to carry a big ol' sofa up the stairs all by himself

So I, I say to him, I say "Hey, you want me to help you with that?"

And Marty, he just rolls his eyes and goes

"No, I want you to cut off my arms and legs with a chainsaw"

So I did

And then he gets all indignant on me

He's like "Hey man, I was just being sarcastic"

Well, that's just great

How was I supposed to know that?

I'm not a mind reader for cryin' out loud

Besides, now he's got a really cute nickname - Torso-Boy

So what's he complaining about?

Say, that reminds me of another amusing anecdote

This guy comes up to me on the street and says he hasn't had a bit in three days

Well, I knew what he meant

But just to be funny, I took a big bite out of his jugular vein

And he's yellin' and screamin' and bleeding all over

And I'm like "Hey, come on, don'tcha get it?"

But he just keeps rolling around on the sidewalk, bleeding, and screaming

You know, just completely missing the irony of the whole situation

Man, some people just can't take a joke, you know?

These lines are from the so brilliant Albuquerque, by Weird Al Yankovic.

As with the Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater thing, there's quite a difference between how funny the words are, and how funny the actual deeds are.. :) yeah stating the obvious here, but it's not always that obvious if it'll stay with words only.

There are many things having influence on the humour experience. Spoken vs. written words (go listen to this song!), the scene (tv shows), the (obviousness of) the level of irony or sarcasm, the timing, personal (especially traumatic) experiences... And it's not all these factors on their own, but the combination of it that makes you think a joke being funny enough, or too shocking to be funny anymore. And that's different for each single person, and then still depends on numerous factors.

(And about jokes with shocking content, there's a really thin line between shocking - making mad/sad, and shocking - making you rotfl.)

I usually only laugh at jokes if it is: a.) really funny b.) I have no clue what the hell is going on

I would rather watch videos of people doing stupid things and getting hurt .... I dunno why, I'm just a sick, sick person.

Once I found this clip on the internet and this guy is sitting on the curb eating a sandwich, and this other guy just suddenly rushes up behind him and hits him in the head with a shovel.... I couldn't stop laughing!

hears a quote from the simsons:

the simpson family is in a alien place (they were captured) and they are discussing what to feed them. Then they open the box and one alien says: this one keeps eating himself! Then you see homer with holes in himself and toothmarks all over where he has tried to eat himself.

Now plat, look your computer screen in the eye and write that that is not funny.

hears a quote from the simsons:

the simpson family is in a alien place (they were captured) and they are discussing what to feed them. Then they open the box and one alien says: this one keeps eating himself! Then you see homer with holes in himself and toothmarks all over where he has tried to eat himself.

Now plat, look your computer screen in the eye and write that that is not funny.

That is not funny. I suppose I would have had to have seen it, and it might help if I actually watched the simpsons. Without context, most things aren't funny. (Yes, I know I am not teh banned 0n3na, but I had to chirp in with my two cents.)

yeah, i guess it is. Me and my skater friend laughed real hard at it though. And i have to admit british humor is sort of funny, but it cant beat south park (i cant quote anything they said there or i would be banned) :P

yeah, i guess it is. Me and my skater friend laughed real hard at it though. And i have to admit british humor is sort of funny, but it cant beat south park (i cant quote anything they said there or i would be banned) :P

Correction, South Park WAS funny.

Simpsons or Futurama is blatently better!!! :D <_<

I thought the first one was pretty funny...

Anyway, my animal joke (again translated, maybe could be told better):

Three bats, siting on a branch, at night:

The first one flies off... he returns covered in blood.

"Where have you been ?"

"Do you see that flock of sheep ?"

"Yeah."

"I just sucked out all their blood !"

The second one flies off and he returns covered in blood.

"Where have you been ?"

"Do you see that herd of cows ?"

"Sure."

"I just sucked out all their blood!"

The third one flies off and returns covered in blood too...

"So how about you, where have you been ?"

"Do you see that church tower in the distance ?"

"Yeah."

"I didn't."

:D

Mwahaha! Bat one was good.

Regards.