Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thorin

To The Administrators: About Bell Canada.

Guest Thorin

I have recently discovered your game and I find it very promising. I have read all the documentation available on your Web site, what was only instigating my interest.

I even think for a moment to be able to help you with the creation of maps and the history of the game. (I have some experience in this domain.) But , at the time of connecting to EL, I discover that ALL the subscribers of Bell Canada are banished... here is a radical solution which does not return honor to the rest of your work.

I can send you information on the bodies taking charge with managing telecommunications and with sanctioning/punishing them in case of inactivity.

I cannot believe that you do not care about any thousands of subscribers who Bell can bring you. Then, if ever you manage to be a little more indulgent, give me the e-mail of the person to contact and I shall supply him or her with the documentation so that Bell begins to act as quickly as possible.

Sincerely yours,

Thorin

Persons who are game creators are Entropy and Roja. You should contact them first also you should

know your ISP's abuse team. They have sent several times abuse reports and got ignored so they had

to ban whole IP range.

Regards.

Actually, we did send ONE abuse report, and we got a response 30 days later, asking for more info (even tho we did provide all the relevant info). This means they don't really care. Like I said many times, our first duty is to our players, and to our game. We want to keep our game clean from disrupting elements that try to do their best to amnnoy our players. If there is no other way except by banning big ISPs, then so be it.

Guest Guest_Thorin

Thank you Miss,

But I think that you badly understood me. I naturally heard about creators of the game, but the fact of creating it does not mean that they take charge of everything, they are already very busy. That's why I ask for an e-mail, because it is maybe somebody else that takes charge of this type of problems.

I have never played EL, I never had the chance and here is the reason of this message. Yes, they have stop all the connections with Bell Canada because children enjoyed challenging rules, I understand that. What you did not understand to my message, it is that there are governmental organizations who punish the companies when they do not answer the complaints.

Here is the purpose of my intervention, I suggest them to communicating directly with these bodies to solve the problem and force Bell to acts finally!

I hope you understand now,

Thorin

Guest Thorin

Hi Entropy,

I have to admit that I am surprised by the facts that you expose. You sent only a single complaint and because they answer 30 days later by asking for more information, you draw this conclusion? It is not a little bit hasty and exaggerated?

You know, the laws are not the same everywhere, nor the manners to make. Maybe that to you it is simply about the word of an administrator against that of a player, the first one being always right...

But it is not like that all over the world. Bell simply tried to create a documentation which defends itself well, because even during the cases of banishments, they exactly have to refer to the organizations about which I spoke. (And that's why the answer was long to obtain.)

The subscribers of Bell have all the same rights and it is logical that they are not disconnected by the company without more detailed files for documentation. Yes, Bell is long to makes moved, but that does not mean that they are of bad faith for all that.

To end, I aggry with you, the environment of the players must be protected, but I believe that a system of justice inside the game would make as well the job. (Without counting that there is means to integrate it into the roleplaying, even to enrich it with such a system.)

Anyway, I send you the documentation, hoping that you will be more clement when they will ask you for more details. (But maybe that they are only also good as me in English, what explains why they put so much time to write.) :)

Sincerely yours,

Thorin

For me, 30 days is totally unacceptable. Also, I did send them all the evidence had at that time, including IP logs, and chat logs with various offenses. If that wasn't good enough for them, I couldn't provide more anyway, I am not some sort of wizard that pulls evidences out of his ass. Besides, it's not like BSC has any duty to me, nor do I have any duty to them. It's unfortunate that we can not cooperate, but this is not the end of the world.

On the other hand, if their users would send them e-mails complaining about the ban, and asking them to take our abuse reports more seriously, I would be willing to remove the ban. But not before I get an e-mail from them.

Yes, it's big. I think that 1/4 of Canada is a small estimate, it might be even 1/2.

It also covers some parts of the US as well.

there really are only two high speed internet providers in most of Canada, Bell Sympatica (a Bell Canada company) and Rogers.

wow, thats sad to hear they have so few.... this little town in California i am in has over 20 high speed ISP's now...

Tigger

Cancidering I'm from canada know that we have AOL Canada another broadband

and the west coast in canada does not get rogers they get shaw.

in the cities there is like 40 differant little brodband companies.

So glad i switched to cogeco a while back .. so i've never been on an ip ban and never will yay .. "if a cogeco customer does something screwy and get's me banned u'll have some fun when i find you :) "

anyway, i'm off, ciao :)