Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sadez

Little European Tour

I'll be away 3-4 weeks traveling around Europe. I'll visit Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Czech, Poland, Eslovakia, Hungary and Denmark.

Since there is many people here from these countries, any recommendation of what should I visit will be apreciated ;)

Also, here is my TODO list for when I return:

- GUI Widgets

- XML format for the windows

- Client support for Server side windows. NPC could create custom windows on the client to display info about quests, games, etc.

i dunno who u r but have a good time :D

Pssst...read the volunteers page :)

Well, that depends on what kind of person you are... Would you prefer seeing art, music, gardens rather than forests, pubs etc.?

Well, that depends on what kind of person you are... Would you prefer seeing art, music, gardens rather than forests, pubs etc.?

Well, I'm not traveling to see pubs, we already have too many here :D

Some people just like to taste local beers while they're in the area (I do) ;-)

Anyway, if you're only going to the capital in DK, I'd say go to "Strøget" - a large market street (pedestrians only) and go to the "Storkespringvand" (a fountain with some birds - the name actually implies that they're storks, but really they're cranes (grus cinerea). Just near the fountain you'll see our parlament (Christiansborg) - you can get a tour if you like (guided tours in english are at 2 pm).

Then of course there's our national museum, Amalienborg (home of our monarchs), Nyhavn, Langelinie, Christiania and the little mermaid (Our national symbol, but it's not very interesting imho (just a mermaid sitting on a rock...)). But if the weather is nice, you should go to one of the beaches or parks.

Some people just like to taste local beers while they're in the area (I do) ;-)

I'll taste some beers, and some Danzka vodka :D

Anyway, if you're only going to the capital in DK, I'd say go to "Strøget" - a large market street (pedestrians only) and go to the "Storkespringvand" (a fountain with some birds - the name actually implies that they're storks, but really they're cranes (grus cinerea). Just near the fountain you'll see our parlament (Christiansborg) - you can get a tour if you like (guided tours in english are at 2 pm).  

Then of course there's our national museum, Amalienborg (home of our monarchs), Nyhavn, Langelinie, Christiania and the little mermaid (Our national symbol, but it's not very interesting imho (just a mermaid sitting on a rock...)). But if the weather is nice, you should go to one of the beaches or parks.

Taking notes :)

I will never understand your concept of nice wheater and beaches :P I remember being in Den Haag (which is not far from Denmark) in a quite cold day and people was bathing in a beach, that resembled the North Pole, like they were on the Caribbean Sea.

I'll be away 3-4 weeks traveling around Europe. I'll visit Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Czech, Poland, Eslovakia, Hungary and Denmark.

where the HELL is sweden on that list?

I will never understand your concept of nice wheater and beaches :P I remember being in Den Haag (which is not far from Denmark) in a quite cold day and people was bathing in a beach, that resembled the North Pole, like they were on the Caribbean Sea.

ugh...leave my city out of this :D It was probably at Scheveningen...and how many degrees was it? We don't always have great weather, so we are quite easily satisfied. As long as the sun is there and it ain't freezing...that kind of stuff :)

Yes, never been to Copenhagen.

On the other hand, we have a LOT of topless girls on romanian beaches, so it's not like I missed anything. But I do miss topless beaches here, in the US :D

You don't have topless beaches in the US :shock: ?

I guess that Europe is and will always be my playground :D