Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slavia

Changing Inventory Quantity

Hi, super silly and noob question here. I'm playing on a mac laptop and I can't right click on the inventory window to change the quantity. I've tried cntrl+click, alt+click, shift+click, command+click, command+alt+click, and all combinations of those. I've tried backspace and overwriting but the quanitty doesn't change and the number always stays green. 

I remember from playing years ago there was a trick to doing this on a mac laptop but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. Any ideas? 

Thanks....

Hi Slavia,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble.

As a long-time MacBook user, I can't say I have ever had any problems with adjusting inventory quantities myself.

Are you right-clicking on the correct area of the inventory window? The right-click to adjust the quantity only registers for that purpose if you click directly upon the quantity you're wishing to change (the same place you'd usually left-click to select that quantity for use). 

If the above does not solve the problem, I'd appreciate it if you could answer a couple of questions:

What version of macOS are you running? (you can find this by heading to the apple menu and selecting "About This Mac")
Which Mac are you using? (it'll be directly below the macOS version and look something like: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017))
What version of the game are you using? (you can find this by typing #ver in-game)
Is this a new installation of the game?
Are right-clicks working for you otherwise? (i.e to change cursor, open context menus - you can test this by right-clicking on the EL logo in the upper-right corner)

Hi Ben-

Thanks for your response.

It does not appear other right-click options are working. I hadn't noticed this because usually I use the alt-click option for what I need to do.

I am using OS X Yosemite version 10.10. Macbook pro early 2011 (it's old I know). Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory 8GB 1333 MHx DDR3. 

The game version I am using is version 1.9.4 and I reintsalled it again yesterday in hopes that this may be the issue. I initially reinstalled the game a few weeks ago - I last played in 2009 with a brief stint in 2012. 

Thank you for your time and consideration. It's such a small thing, but infinitely irritating! 

*edit* I should also note that on bob01's suggestion, I looked to edit the right-click option in my key.ini file, and there isn't one. Just an el.ini file. I searched my entire folder structure for the key.ini file and it is not to be found. Also, I've tried toggling on and off the "emulate 3 button mouse" option, and the "mouse bug" options in game, with no results. 

Edited by Slavia

Hello again Slavia,

Thank you for the information.

This is very strange, I used to run a -very- similar set-up without any click-related problems!

To help narrow down the cause of the issue, do you perhaps have an external mouse you could test with? Does the right-clicking work as expected?

May I also know what you have set under System Preferences > Trackpad > Secondary click?

While we try and figure this out, here's a workaround which will at least give you the functionality of a right-click:

1. Enable the "Emulate a 3 Button Mouse" option under the Controls tab within Options.
  2. Close and re-open the game.
  3. You should now be able to "right-click" by left-clicking while pressing the command key.

(feel free to leave the workaround enabled if you test an external mouse - it won't have any impact)

Hey Ben-

Changing my system preferences to click with two fingers instead of in the corner seems to fix it. Thank you! Its so silly and I didn't even think to look there.

Woohoo!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this