Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GypsyJewel

No sound

Guest GypsyJewel

Unable to hear any sound. Have downloaded sound 191 zip. Still nothing. Also every time I click the "sound enable" box it is always unchecked after I logged back in but doesn't matter because I have NO sound which is why I don't play that often. What should I do to fix this? Other "EL" games work fine with sound too, just not this one

Sample issue, like Raz said the sound archive is separated from EL client

Follow steps for easy install sound / music:

-Go into your Eternal Lands directory, in C:\\ Program Files \ Eternal Lands and create a new paste called ''sound'';

-Extract the ZIP file sound for that paste;

-If you want to install the music, same process, go into Eternal Lands main paste and create another new one with ''music'';

-Extract the ZIP file music for that paste too.

Then run your client, and dont forget to turn on the music/sound in console

Guest ThrainIV

I'm illiterate when it comes to this sort of this... becoming very frustrated trying to merge these 3 separate files to gather or whatever it is im suppose to do. Somebody please explain this process to me as if I was 5 because I'm on like day 3 or 4 and still no sound or music

Guest Elbowrond
On 2017-01-21 at 1:35 AM, Guest ThrainIV said:

I'm illiterate when it comes to this sort of this... becoming very frustrated trying to merge these 3 separate files to gather or whatever it is im suppose to do. Somebody please explain this process to me as if I was 5 because I'm on like day 3 or 4 and still no sound or music

The Client Files are the game download. Once you install them, they create folders on your hard disk.  You must navigate through those folders, until you find the main folder: Eternal Lands.

Once there, you will see lots of folders, but not one for music, or sound.  So, you must create those folders yourself.  Right click the screen, anywhere that's not a folder, and select: New Folder. Then, replace the highlighted box: New Folder

to: Sound

Then, hit enter.

Repeat this process, and create a folder called: Music

After you've succeeded in creating the new folders in your main folder: Eternal Lands

You should be able to download and extract the sound files to the Sound folder, and your music files to the Music folder.

Those downloads are separate from the actual game download for Windows.  You will find them, if you read the rest of the download page, carefully.

:)

P.S... The Music files are separate from the Sound files, and so, in total: 3 downloads (One for the game client, one for the sound fx, and one for the music files).

I hope that this helps.

~Elbowrond

Edited by Wizzy
Real Life Email Removed

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this