Eternal Lands Official Forums
littlebro2

Treasure finders

Hello,

Is there an official description somewhere with details about the Treasure finders? Or is it meant to be a secret? (I am fine if this is the case, would just like to know for sure)

Specifically, I'd like to know:

-How to use and the expected results of use

-How long they last

-Is there a way to know if a treasure currently exists or has already been found

-any other pertinent details I wouldn't know to ask :)

I don't frequently join channel 6 and not part of any EL guild, so it'd be cool if someone who knows about this could share the knowledge.

Thanks!

You can find info about treasures and other global messages (the blue ones) here: http://twitter.com/#!/Teh_Master Radu sometimes put info on facebook. But the best place to check if the treasure is still ingame is @6.

There is no official description and I don't know if I can place here any infos.

Edited by learg

Thanks for the answers. I have also probed a little bit and some nice players in game have helped me fill the blanks for those that might be as ignorant as me. :D

+Treasure finders are one-time use. When you use one, it immediately pops up a message stating whether you are "very cold" ranging to "very hot" (obviously according to getting closer to where bag is hidden which is documented by the el-cel link provided in previous posts)

Other facts about finding treasure that aren't shared anywhere that I could find are these:

+Treasure bags are hyperbags. You must use a skeleton key to open the bag.

+Treasure bags can be anywhere in game-inside any buildings, caves, structures etc or outside, and in any map.

+Treasure bags are created and placed into game by radu at his discretion. Once a bag is in the game, a global public message will be broadcasted announcing the event.

+There is currently no public announcement when the treasure is found...

Other heresay items of interest:

+Even if you're on the same map as the treasure and not anywhere close to it, you can still get the "very cold" message.

+There may be additional hints given in channel 6 at any random time.

If any of these details is wrong, feel free to make corrections.

Thanks and I hope this helps others.

Edited by littlebro2

Thanks littlebro2. I've updated the CEL page to include your notes

To add to littlebro2's notes:

Text messages in order from far away to close:

Very cold..

Room temperature..

Warm[ish]..

Warm..

Hot!

Very hot!

And, when you're REAL close: