Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gottrech

Novac quest gives no reward

I have been doing novac's quest where you have to kill a Brownie, a Wood Sprite, a Boar, a Brown Snake and a Rat for a long long time. So long that I forgot which ones I still needed for the quest, so yesterday or the day before I went to ask novac and he told me under "Second mission current objective?" that I still needed to get the Boar.

Today I was lucky and got the Boar in PV and got a message saying something like "Congrats you got the novac Boar" and a message appeared in the quest log: <None>: You got the boar, good job!

I did not get any reward but figured I had to go back to novac for the reward. When I talked to novac there were no congratulations or rewards and nothing new is written in the quest log.

When I ask novac about "Second mission current objective?" the answer is "You got everything..".

Isnt the quest supposed to give some kind of reward ?

I have been doing novac's quest where you have to kill a Brownie, a Wood Sprite, a Boar, a Brown Snake and a Rat for a long long time. So long that I forgot which ones I still needed for the quest, so yesterday or the day before I went to ask novac and he told me under "Second mission current objective?" that I still needed to get the Boar.

Today I was lucky and got the Boar in PV and got a message saying something like "Congrats you got the novac Boar" and a message appeared in the quest log: <None>: You got the boar, good job!

I did not get any reward but figured I had to go back to novac for the reward. When I talked to novac there were no congratulations or rewards and nothing new is written in the quest log.

When I ask novac about "Second mission current objective?" the answer is "You got everything..".

Isnt the quest supposed to give some kind of reward ?

didnt know that thnx for info

No, I did not click on "Second batch done" and I just went back to novac to check if I could do it, but no such option is available.

Is it at all possible that I am still missing one or more of the mobs ? I did some grepping in my quest log and could not find a line about the snake, but it might be because I have been playing from two different computers.

Thanks for helping.

Today I accidentally found a rat in Ida killed it and got the popup and msg in quest log "You killed the rat, good job!"

Going back to Novac he now had the option "Second batch done" and I could finish the quest. It thus seems that Novac's reporting does indeed have a bug in reporting all done when the rat is still missing.