Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robbie

Video Problem starting game

Guest Robbie

When i downloaded the game and installed it, everything installed fine, but when i ran the program and pressed "New Character", everything was grey and all of the detail besides the basics were gone(example: characters have no hair, trees have no leaves, ground was just a flat plain of grey), how do i fix this problem, also i when my freind logged into his account on my computer, everything was fine, but when he turned on fullscreen it stopped working unexpectadly, please tell me a solution to both of these problems.

When i downloaded the game and installed it, everything installed fine, but when i ran the program and pressed "New Character", everything was grey and all of the detail besides the basics were gone(example: characters have no hair, trees have no leaves, ground was just a flat plain of grey), how do i fix this problem, also i when my freind logged into his account on my computer, everything was fine, but when he turned on fullscreen it stopped working unexpectadly, please tell me a solution to both of these problems.

I also have problems when changing resolution.

What I do to fix my problem:

Change resolution to desired (Even though it buggs)

Close game (Alt+X) so that settings save

Open EL again

If EL crashes when changing fullscreen, you can change the default setting by editing el.ini file, which is inside Eternal Lands directory

hope that helps

Edited by jjk

Guest Robbie

I also have problems when changing resolution.

What I do to fix my problem:

Change resolution to desired (Even though it buggs)

Close game (Alt+X) so that settings save

Open EL again

If EL crashes when changing fullscreen, you can change the default setting by editing el.ini file, which is inside Eternal Lands directory

hope that helps

Ill try that and see if it works, please, if anyone has any other suggestions, post them.

Before logging in, go to the 'settings' menu and turn off shadows, turn on poor man, turn off eveyrhing in advanced video tab, turn off eye candy (disable), turn off everything in sky&cam. If this solves your video problem with things looking weird, you can turn on things one by one till you figure out what is causing the problem (probably 'shadows' or 'use animation program'). If you need more help, please let us know what your computer specs and video card are. You can find such information by running dxdiag from the command line in windows and/or use the #glinfo command in-game and look at the top few lines with infor about your video card and openGL version:

Video card: Intel Bear Lake B

Vendor ID: Intel

OpenGL Version: 1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.4885

Good luck,

Maxine

Guest Robbie

i solved the problems with everything except for the full screen, the same thing happens when i try to change the game screen resolution to anything but 800x600, and i have a 1440x900 screen, so i have to play on a small screen, please help me solve this problem, fellow techies. :)

You can change the resolution and fullscreen/windowed mode in the el.ini file before starting the game:

look in Documents\Eternal Lands\main\ for the 'el.ini' file (if Windows is set to hide extensions, it will probably appear as named just 'el').

Remember to edit the file only while the game is not running.

Note: after changing resolution or fullscreen/windowed mode, you should always restart EL.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this