Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zipher

computer help :/

i have talked to a few people and they think the problem is my mother board fried

let me know what you think :(

a few days ago i turned on my computer and my moniter, this was in the morning. and the moniter was flickering, would flash on for about 1 second and be off for about 10 seconds, didn't think much of it because i let my window open and i thought maybe the moniter has to warm up.

later that day, after i got home from school, i went to turn it on. but nothing happened. found out my power supply was dead, it was humming and none of the fans were moving. so we had another spare 100$ 500 watt power supply. i put that in there set up my computer again. but nothing was showing up on the moniter, so i tried a different moniter, and a different video card. there was no difference. the screen remained blank, nothing show up at all. it does know it is plugged in though.

(im using an older computer that wont run EL atm) :)

please read

thank you :P

~zipher4~

There are numerous reasons your pc could be no running If you cant solve this situation yourself, i would strongly recomend you take it to a reputable dealer and have them look at it.

Putting new/spare parts in at random is liable to just end up costing you more money in the long run.

its an older machine, its a P4 3.0GHz most people dont mess with P4's anymore, i got my nice 8600GT(1gig) in it :)

I used the old parts that it had it in it before i upgraded it and the software and stuff is still installed for it, so it isnt random

I'll stick to my original advise...and still most local stores who make a living repairing pc's will still take a look at it and tell you exactly what the issue is.

Still maybe someone will offer you other advise. who knows.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this