Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Golemer

1.60 update need help..

I searched around a bit and didn't find anything related to my problem so if there was another topic already started I am sorry.. but I just downloaded the 1.60 update and now EL wont open in general.. what happens is when I open EL it starts loading and then it stops and gives me an oppurtunity to send an error report... I sent as report for the heck of it lol.. I even uninstalled EL completly and then installed it again and it still didn't work.. here is all the error report says

Log started at 2008-03-29 15:42:19 localtime (Eastern Daylight Time)

[15:42:19] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[15:42:19] Using the server profile: main

[15:42:19] Warning: Didn't find your data_dir, using the current directory instead. Please correct this in your el.ini . Given data_dir was: "d:\Eternal Lands"

And I am currently using windows XP home edition.. service pack 2.. intel ® celeron CPU 3.20 GHz

3.20 GHz, 448 MB of ram

If there is anything else you need to know let me know...

I have a similar problem.

EL loads fine and I get to the log in screen, write in my login details and after it finish loading it crashes.

I'm using XP service pack 2

Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz

1.85GHz 1.00 GB RAM

GeForce FX Go5200

My error log is like this:

[16:52:49] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[16:52:49] Using the server profile: main

[16:52:49] Warning: Didn't find your data_dir, using the current directory instead. Please correct this in your el.ini . Given data_dir was: "c:\Programmer\Eternal Lands\"

[16:52:52] Error opening sound configuration file

[16:52:56] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst

[16:52:56] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[16:52:57] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst

[16:52:57] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst

[16:52:57] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[16:52:57] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst

[16:52:58] Failed to download (files.lst) 3 times. Giving up.

I think I have found the problem but I am not sure... it's not loading and claiming it's the data_dir... it's supposed to be set to c:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\ but it is set to d:\Eternal Lands which I am sure is wrong... but I tried setting it to c:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\ but it still didn't work so I am guessing that there is more to c:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\ then what it says but I am not sure what is supposed to be added to it.. >.<

Something like that is happening to me just that i cant even get to log in screen.

when i try to run EL in 2 seconds that message appears(you can send report....)

dont know what to do :D

Don't think it has anything to do with the path to the local directory, if that was the case EL would give a warning and not crash like that, so it must be something else or at least I think so.

Problem solved for me, I just needed to install a new driver.

The driver was not updated and I needed to doo a workaround with a little help from this post:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40879

By the way, the local path needs to be set without the trailing backslash(\) like this:

"c:\Program Files\Eternal Lands"

Well I set the path directory right... I took the last \ out and still wont work.. I don't think it would need a driver update though.. cuz it was working fine until the new update? But I can give it a try.... although that link heads to a laptop driver update I am on a desktop :(

Edited by Golemer

If you crash on login:

- before logging in the game open the options (ctrl+o) [if you don't see the option window when doing so press alt+w]

- go to Video tab and select "poorman"

- login: if it works you can go back to the options, disable poorman and try the various graphic features one by one ("poorman" disabled most of them) to find which ones you can use without crashing.

Also, try updating your video drivers:

- check which card you have

- go to the manufacturer site (www.nvidia.com, or www.ati.com or www.intel.com)

- look for the drivers page

- select your video card, download the new drivers and install them

I'm having the same issue on the laptop I'm trying to install on. The EL client never gets past "Initializing OpenGL extentions"

I have fully updated every driver on the computer, set EL in the EL ini to run on poorman with all advanced video options turned off, and am still not able to run the client. This is the third windows installation I've done for the new client, and the only one with issues so far.

I've also tried the noclusters executable with the same results.

Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon X300

OS: Windows XP Professional with all updates that are available installed.

Error_log.txt - I've double and triple-checked the data_dir and it is correct, so I'm not sure why that error is occuring. I've tried both with the ending \ and without it.

Log started at 2008-03-30 13:01:51 localtime (Eastern Daylight Time)

[13:01:51] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[13:01:51] Using the server profile: main

[13:01:51] Warning: Didn't find your data_dir, using the current directory instead. Please correct this in your el.ini . Given data_dir was: "C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\"

Edit #2 - I've found a 2nd computer in my network with the exact same problem that we were able to fix by updating the video card drivers - it's looking very much like a video card/driver issue. I'm stuck on trying to fix it, it looks like this laptop is no longer going to be able to run EL...

Edited by Darc0

Ok... I went into the el.ini and set it to poor man and it didn't help which I knew it wouldn't help cuz I didn't even get to the log in screen... as it's loading when I open EL it kinda just sets there for maybe 5 seconds then askes me to send an error report.. I tried updating my graphic card but I think it was the same thing that it didn't update... my graphic card is a

ATI radeon xpress 200 series... driver version 8.17.0.0 and I am not sure if there is an update for that one..? I've looked but can't find one.. I mean if it's not the graphic card what could it be? I know it's not the computer... it worked fine until the recent update :) and I don't think the update really was a big one.. so I am not sure why it wont work.

Edited to say: Nevermind I fixed it... I am not sure what fixed it... it was either when I contacted ati radeon about updating it and found the right update for it or downloading the .net platform 3.5 but everything works good again.

Edited by Golemer

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this