Eternal Lands Official Forums
Alyot

Memory Access error leading in debug check..

Hi,

I haven't played in a while, but I just downloaded the new client and logged in. Each session I played to day ended in a "Memory error....xxxxxx-xxxxx, etc" "Access Denied" error.....Please "Cancel" to Debug the program. I realize I have an antique, and Windows 2000 Pro is no longer supported by Microsoft, but I was able to play for several hours today. Whatever XP/Vista coding you're using that may be causing this error..is it really that important that you include it?

I've never had an EL client crash in this fashion before.....unlike other online games that I never could run at all ...and was glad to delete.

I don't want to delete EL! My wife and I have played for years, but buying another computer right now isn't an option for me. Has anyone esle seen this happen?

Windows 2000 Pro

NVidia 6600 series...newest drivers ... 512 Vid RAM

AMD 2100+

1G RAM, 512 Cache

Cable/ISDN internet connection

I haven't played in a while, but I just downloaded the new client and logged in. Each session I played to day ended in a "Memory error....xxxxxx-xxxxx, etc" "Access Denied" error.....Please "Cancel" to Debug the program. I realize I have an antique, and Windows 2000 Pro is no longer supported by Microsoft, but I was able to play for several hours today. Whatever XP/Vista coding you're using that may be causing this error..is it really that important that you include it?

The vast numbers of Linux and Mac players would also object so such code. El is very cross platform, with only minor bits written to handle differences between the supported platforms. It could be you are just encountering a plain old bug. Does the problem happen every time you exit, even if you exit just after starting the client? Does the error_log.txt file contain any indication of a problem? Any more details would help.