Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lumino

Gender Poll

Gender Poll  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Are you male or female in real life?

• Male
    • Female
  2. 2. Are you male or female in game?

• Male
    • Female

I knew we were outnumbered, but 81% male? Can that be correct? I knew there was a slight imbalance, but I hadn't expected the number to be that wildly different. Now I'm wondering if what we're seeing is an imbalance in the number of men vs. women in forums.

I'd love to see a stats quote from Ent about the number of female characters and compare it. Looking at those numbers has made me really curious.

Come on women! Be counted! (literally)

We should post a link to this thread in channel 4. A lot of people spend way more time in game than on forums.

Female/ Female

made my char to reflect what i look like irl....If i lived in this fantasy time, I would be doing what my char is doing :P

Wow!! I would swear there a lot more females in game than this. PATH is 50% female in membership for active players and we have more female active players than male currently. When I was in RICH we had tons of female players too. I have always thought their were a LOT of female players. I do know that a whole lot of female players, including PATH members, that I know have not posted yet. Does the topic or description of the topic leave female players uninterested in contributing? Where are they? lol

I am sure most are aware that I am male in game and male IRL. I will see if I can get my fellow PATHians to post. :P

Tirun

PS Peino we have not interacted very much at all but everything I have heard from everyone else that relates to you led me to believe you were male so I think you have done a great job role playing. I will respect that and treat Peino as male. :P I think giving it away like this is a very interesting thing to do. I wonder if there will be a large change in the way you are treated or not. I hope everyone chooses to honor you RP. :D

Edited by TirunCollimdus

There are a lot of females in game, I just don't think we've all seen this thread yet. I'm female in RL and EL. I've never felt harassed for being a female in game nor have I felt like I've gotten special treatment. It's one of the things I love about EL, it's a friendly community of good people who for the most part treat each other well. At least that's been my experience for the past year and a half. I've made some great friends here and met the love of my life too. :confused: On that note, I can attest that Korrode is definitely a male in RL...and a very fine one at that! :icon13:

Llyn :icon13:

PS Peino we have not interacted very much at all but everything I have heard from everyone else that relates to you led me to believe you were male so I think you have done a great job role playing. I will respect that and treat Peino as male. :icon13: I think giving it away like this is a very interesting thing to do. I wonder if there will be a large change in the way you are treated or not. I hope everyone chooses to honor you RP. :icon13:

Thanks, Tirun. I'll be interested to see what will happen too. It won't change the way I RP Peino, so if I'm really good at it, maybe even those who know I'm really a woman, will forget it while "talking to the puppet." :confused:

I do know that a whole lot of female players, including PATH members, that I know have not posted yet. Does the topic or description of the topic leave female players uninterested in contributing? Where are they?

Males have no life, so they can lurk at forums around the clock. Girls do only play the game.

I was such an ubern00b that it took me 4 months of playing to discover that I could have created a female character :)

Have managed to create a female alt, but rarely play with her, as I ended up growing to be quite fond of my male twin. :)

But once and for all: in RL I am a girl (or woman would be a better word at the age of 31).