Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arowyn

Agneum Bot in Morcraven Marsh Cave not Responding

I was having issues with this bot last night, where the Agneum bot would not respond to trades, per its instructions via its help command. It had been working earlier that day, so I'm not sure what happened. I contacted Annatira in game, who in turn said she would contact the bot owner, and today, it worked for one trade. However, I tried trading with it again a little later, and once more, I find that the bot is not responding.

Does anybody know if there are any outstanding issues with this bot? Am I just doing something wrong? Does it perhaps run out of resources and thus stop responding to trade requests? You can still communicate with it; you just can't trade with it.

It's very frustrating :( I would have contacted the owner of the bot directly, but I have no way of finding out who that is.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide :icon13:

It's very frustrating :P I would have contacted the owner of the bot directly, but I have no way of finding out who that is.

/agenum #about - "My bot owner is Labrat"

It's very frustrating :P I would have contacted the owner of the bot directly, but I have no way of finding out who that is.

Wow, I guess I should have noticed that... :-P Thanks for the heads up.

James

This I have absolutely no idea about and I have indeed seen it, but only with a couple of players - aerowyn being one and dekke being the other.

I have been present when dekke tried to trade, the bot sat down but did not begin the trading process. I walked over, clicked on the bot and got the trade window immediately. Dekke tried again but did not get the trade window. This was repeatable on numerous occasions. Guess my bot just doesn't like those 2 for some reason unbeknownst to me - they're not banned from it.

The flow of my bot code in a nutshell is:

X wants to trade!

sit_down(true)

trade_with(X)

clear all data when trade_partner_name is sent from the server and begin the trade process

For some reason the bot is not sending trade_with(X)

*hang on I might just have the answer, yay for cardboard men listening to me code*

Let me know via PM or forum PM if the problem is still there, and thanks :wacko:

This I have absolutely no idea about and I have indeed seen it, but only with a couple of players - aerowyn being one and dekke being the other.

I have been present when dekke tried to trade, the bot sat down but did not begin the trading process. I walked over, clicked on the bot and got the trade window immediately. Dekke tried again but did not get the trade window. This was repeatable on numerous occasions. Guess my bot just doesn't like those 2 for some reason unbeknownst to me - they're not banned from it.

The flow of my bot code in a nutshell is:

X wants to trade!

sit_down(true)

trade_with(X)

clear all data when trade_partner_name is sent from the server and begin the trade process

For some reason the bot is not sending trade_with(X)

*hang on I might just have the answer, yay for cardboard men listening to me code*

Let me know via PM or forum PM if the problem is still there, and thanks :wacko:

I had this same problem with Nera (bot from JusT) who appears to be on the same code base (I could be wrong, but it looks the same...) I start a trade, she sits down, but no trade window... I checked the bot near here (naria or something...) and that bot worked just fine. I reported it to JusT, maybe this bit of info will help you in your pursuit...

Yeah, you're correct - Nera and Emporium will both have the issue until I talk to bkc56 about it. It's solved in my code now.

It's very frustrating :) I would have contacted the owner of the bot directly, but I have no way of finding out who that is.

An additional way for bot owners to promote their bots, and to document ownership, is to set their bot's bio on Gossip. Many players do "abouts" on bots, via Gossip, every day. If your bot specializes in magic jewelry, and hangs out in EVTR, you might as well publicize that on Gossip.

Since Gossip ignores other bots, if you want a bio set , send me a gossip with what you want on whichever bot.

scaf

Edited by scafativ