Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
xenkoriu

New Adaptation for the Engineering Skill

Ok I searched the idea of tree sap and the Search Engine said it found nothing so here it goes:

My idea is to have buckets and "taps" makable under the engineering skill. These devices would be used on certain trees to harvest tree sap. I'm not so sure what the sap would be used for, perhaps as an ingredient for something "bigger and better" or it could be used in healing or manufacturing certain things (holds stuff together). There are many possibilities. I also had the idea that, if this were implemented, a random event specific to harvesting sap could be to find fossils. Sometimes archaeologists find bug fossils trapped in tree sap in RL so I think this would be a reasonable random event. Once again, not sure what the fossils could be used for, maybe some kind of summoning to do with giant bugs?

I'm aware this is an incomplete idea and I look forward to your thoughts and ideas on it.

Thanks,

Xen

Mmm well sap sap...could be used in some potions (but healing ones we have plenty)(hey maybe with Beehive to make a lesser feasting potion?), or like a glue as a component in engineering skill to craft something bigger/more complex.

But i assume that adding this item would require a kind of effort in modding a bunch of maps (adding sap-harvesting spots), and i have no idea for a use of fossils_event :3

Anyway, this is just my poor 2 cents about the matter. Good mindwork though, Xen ^^

*sees stones flying to him in the distance and prepares for some skillful evading moves*

Edited by Malakh

Just to add, to harvest sap from a tree you don't use a "tap" but cute V shape groves into the trees bark and collect t the sap using a sap ball. Also the sap is normally made into items likes shoes and hand bags because of its elastic properties.

Fossils are not found in living trees.

Fossils are not found in living trees.

That's a fairly bold thing to say.

I imagine somewhere in the world there is a living tree, the tissue of which, under some unusual process of growth, contains a piece of rock that contains a trace of a once living organism.

*dislikes absolute statements such as the one quoted*

S.

Well, perhaps they do it differently in different areas of the world, but where I'm from they put these tube like things (taps) into the trees which are attached to buckets and the sap slowly drips out.

As for the fossils, it was just a suggestion. But as far as I understand it, if a bug is fossilized in sap, I am led to believe that at one point it was in or on a tree.

Ok I searched the idea of tree sap and the Search Engine said it found nothing so here it goes:

My idea is to have buckets and "taps" makable under the engineering skill. These devices would be used on certain trees to harvest tree sap. I'm not so sure what the sap would be used for, perhaps as an ingredient for something "bigger and better" or it could be used in healing or manufacturing certain things (holds stuff together). There are many possibilities. I also had the idea that, if this were implemented, a random event specific to harvesting sap could be to find fossils. Sometimes archaeologists find bug fossils trapped in tree sap in RL so I think this would be a reasonable random event. Once again, not sure what the fossils could be used for, maybe some kind of summoning to do with giant bugs?

Hmm...It certainly would be interesting to harvest sap from trees, but I'm not sure if the game 'understands' the difference between a pine and a maple, eg. "You see a tree." But it would be really neat to be able to use pine sap as glue. {:DD

Edited by draegox