Eternal Lands Official Forums
0ctane

Macintosh experimental builds

Please read carefully. If you are reporting a general Mac OS X client bug, please go to this link/thread instead.

A number of players have asked to help test the Mac client of EL. I am looking for a few Macintosh OS X users that are interested in testing "experimental" builds of the game. Since I do not have a PowerPC based Mac for general use, I need others to do most of the testing on that hardware. I am also interested in a few intel based testers. What do I mean by "experimental"? Well, the game will include the latest code from CVS and my attempts to fix bugs. Builds will be more frequent than those generally released. They might crash. Heck, they might freeze up your whole computer. $#!7 happens. There will not be any unapproved patches. You will be participating to help the generally released client.

Still interested? Contact me via PM with the following required information:

player name(s) in game

OA level

e-mail address

AIM/ICQ/GoogleTalk handle(optional)

OS X Version

processor and speed

video card and memory

programming experience (optional)

why you want to participate

hours per week playing EL

willing to hang out on the test server (y/n)

The hardware information can be obtained through the Apple Menu -> About This Mac, and the "More Info..." button in that dialog box. Or you can use the System Profiler.

Participants will be chosen based on many factors. Nothing guarantees you will be chosen (no offense, but I do not need 20 people with all the same hardware). Donating to the Mac EL cause through my website will not help your chances ... then again, only 1 person has ever donated. :) Communication will be through e-mail, IM, PM (forum), and PM (game).

Please do not reply to this thread.

0ctane