Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scullsyk

The start of mortos

Sadness, Anger, Hate, Loath. All these words don't describe mortos. He is beond those. BUt how did it start? lets take a look to back when mortos was trapped in mortality. He was, in fact, a warrior. But, this story isn't some warrior saves the princess happily ever after. this is of how mortos got his pure hatred to all that dwell on the great land of draia. lets look back when he was one.

Scullsyk looked over the edge of a building and attack is under way, i can feel it. He thought. He looked at the small but powerful batallion awaiting the signal. Over head, he saw a long march of creatures. little did he know, one of his own men, wished to be the controller of them. The marshy land that is now called grubani peninsula reeked of death. Death and decay.

(( my first thread, join in if you like, and did i do good? lol))

((yeah, im going to have to make a knew character since its in the past though lol. I thought he was always a god since teh god created him, but whatever.And how is your character alive so long ago since hes also in War of Myndar?))

His battalin was behind the walls of the city in Grubani. The human Sodut fiddled with his long, steel sword nerviosly. He whispered to his menter in the art of war, named Mortos," Once the battle is underway, what should I do if I cant hear any orders?""Fight and stay alive" he replied."Yes sir." The stomping feet of hoards of enemys came donning foward, getting steadily louder.The men pulled out their sowrds and got ready for the battle. Mortos kept glancing back up at their commander, standing on a tall building. "Sodut," he asked, "would you follow me, even if it was something that seemed strange?" "Yes, to the ends of all Draia" Sodut swore. Mortos muttered "That may be where we go!" That oath changed his life forever, and nothing would ever be normal again...

((i practice some magics...... not the easiest to accomplish... but ah well))

scullsyk looked among the faces to see mortos advancing his battalion. "wait!" cried scullsyk. "wait for them to reach the gate, then send everyone to meet there challenge."

"ok, but be sure too leave some for defense" replied mortos.

((might not get to post much, with school and all))

Among the soldiers was Malfius, a small dark elf warlock who had been drafted into the army to heal the wounded. No one liked him, but the soldiers knew he had his used. Malfius always stayed near Mortos, even if Mortos disliked the use of wizardry in battle. Mortos' company moved towards the enemy quickly. It was clear that Mortos had enough of the waiting before the battle and wanted to get to the enemy. He was always an impatient man and he hated waiting more than anything. Malfius softly muttered a few words no one could hear. 'Speak plainly or be silent, damn elf, or I'll cut your forked tongue out!' Mortos spoke. The elf was silent for at least five seconds. Then he spoke in a soft voice. 'As I was saying, Master, I just smelled foreign wizardry of deception around us. It has the scent of our enemy.' The soldiers seemed to be getting nervous at this casual remark. Mortos was about to fume some obnoxious curses at the warlock when the world seemed to explode. A group of mercenaries who were hired by the general to help defend the fortress, suddenly appeared out of thin air and attacked from behind. A creaking sound came from the gatehouse at the same time, and the gates slowly started moving. A battlecry of a thousand voices thundered outside the fortress while several unsuspecting soldiers were cut to pieces by their former allies. The mercenary captain, an one-eyed monstruosity who had already cut down two soldiers in as many seconds, grinned at Mortos evilly. 'Nothing personal, cute little human, but we decided we'd bet on the winning side.' As Malfius snuck away, Mortos struck at his challenger and hissed: 'wrong bet.'

Sodut was hacking away with his long, yet light battle sword. He saw Mortos fighting the mercenary cheiftein and saw the mangeyt stabed through the breastplate by Mortos' hefty sword. The battle raged, and the forces od Mortos were pushed against their own wall.

((Ugh, so busy, dont have time to post much.))

scullsyk saw the mercanaires, jumped down, and got the closest one into his black whole called a heart. he then heard crys, and saw bandits stealing away into the night, villagers dragging behind! he then abanded his post, collected a few men, and followed the trail.

((ill have one person with me, while the other decides the fate of the battle))

((I'll come, with Mortos))

Mortos touched Sodut's shoulder in the middle of the battle. "the leader leaves, we must follow," he said. Sodut obeyed, and followed him after Scullsyk. They were eventualy able to hack their way through the mele, and reached Scullsyk. "I am under your command," Mortos suluted. Sodut followed behind, hopping he would be able to follow Mortos, and learn from his immense battle skills.

just a note, I know the almanac of the gods is incomplete at the moment, but there's already a history for mortos, he's one of the original gods who has been around forever (whatever that means, in the godly sence), as opposed to people like selain who were made into gods.

his evil is that he hates his own existance, and hates mortals because they can die and he can't. perhaps by ending their lives the constant reminder will be gone and he won't feel as bad.

so he's somewhat of a tragic evil, as opposed to selain, who I see as more of a true evil, seeking to corrupt and such

AFAIK you don't have to follow the official storyline, but it's generally a lot less confusing if you do :o