Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

FAQ's - What will & will not go in the game.

FAQ's

More will be added to this post as time goes on

**Please do not make a new thread on ANY of these subjects unless your idea is original! Your post CAN be deleted!

2 Questions we can NOT answer at all:

1. When will something that's going to be in the game, be in the game? We don't know. It will go in the game, when it goes in the game.

2. What stats will something have? We don't know this either until we do it. Even if we did know, we wouldn't tell you.

Also note that it is possible for the answers to these FAQ's to change at anytime. Our answers are determined by many factors, some of which are how much help we get with programming these things, server traffic/bandwidth useage, and how much free time we have to work on them ourselves.

Weapons & Armor, and other wearable items.

Will there be more, cooler armor & weapons to wear?

Yes there will be more.

Will there be different types of weapons??

There will be different types, yes, but not whips or flails, ball & chain maces, or nunchuks. Nothing that swings.

Will we be able to wield 2 swords or other weapons, one in each hand at the same time?

Yes more than likely. However there will be a limited number of weapons you can do this with. Such as a special set of swords for this purpose.

Will scarfs & medallions & rings be wearable?

I can't say for sure, but the chances are high that this will happen someday, except for rings. Rings are too small, you can barely see them, so they are not worth making wearable-they will not be.

Will the clothes do anything but look cool?

Most will just "look cool" and have no special effects/stats/attributes with them. But it's possible that some might.

I have a really cool idea for a new weapon/armor/clothing item! Can I tell you about it then you can make it for the game?

I have a lot of cool ideas too! Sure you can tell me about yours in a FORUM POST, but don't expect me to use it in the game. I may, I may not. If your idea is original and I do use it, you will be given credit for the idea.

Animals & Monsters

Will there be more animals & monsters in the game?

Yes, I plan to make a lot more.

Will there be water monsters & animals that swim?

We don't know. If there will be, it will be in the far future.

I'm tired of seeing the monsters only turn their heads around. Will there be different animations?

Yes.

Will there be monsters that do magic?

Yes.

Playable Characters

Will there ever be more playable races to choose from?

Yes, it's very likely to happen in the future.

What will those new races be?

You will find out when it's announced.

Will there eventually be more features to choose from when create a new character? Such as eye color, different faces, more hairstyles, different body structures, etc?

Most likely not. This is a small game, and we don't want to have a huge download for it. However it IS possible that some additional features might happen in the far future. So I can't give an absolute yes or no on this one, but it's closer to the no side.

Will we ever have emotes? Animations that we can make our character do at any time, like wave, shake your head, etc.

Most likely we will eventually, yes.

Will we be able to run?

There might be a possibility of having a second speed in the future, but most likely not.

Will we be able to swim?

There might be a possibility in the future, but most likely not.

Skills & attributes

Will there be fishing?

Most likely not.

Will there be any other skills?

It's possible but we don't have anything planned yet.

Misc.

Will there be more quests in the game?

Yes.