Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rolan4

is it a bug?? or are there evil undertones in this game?

Copied from Discussion category under topic 'THX a LOT!!:

Leeloo wrote:

Bags disappear after five minutes, and there can be no more than 100 bags on a map, if there are more, old bags will disappear even if they are less than five minutes old.

WELL, that tells me that if you didn't see who died, TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN ???? THE GAME'S THEME SHOULDN'T BE THAT MERCENARY. I prefer to call it a bug in the program.

--well OK he shoulda poot it in da bank!

Neither. It is simply to keep the number of bag down to a reasonable level, otherwise very soon the server would be totally overloaded with bags.

I don't know if it has been suggested before:

When you die you leave a corpse instead of a bag. The corpse decays in five minutes, leaving a bag.

Corpses are only lootable by the one who died, and of course the killer if it's on a PK map. (Monsters currently don't pick up any stuff, or do they?)

This way you get a fair chance of getting your stuff back, instead of having someone who has totally nothing to do with your death running away with your stuff -- and if it's someone who rather gathers expensive items over someone else's dead body, you'll never know who it was. *dreams away to the text based MUD's of bygone times*

Plus: if you look at a corpse, something like You see: the corpse of TheGuyWhoDied others getting their stuff back don't have to zap along the channels with "Hey who died here-and-here?" messages.

Interesting idea but they're going to need to add to the story how you can die, come back to life, and then loot your own dead body!

Of course, I like the idea of leaving bodies behind. It's just that it causes too much confusion. I mean, when you're in the Underworld, do you have a body or is it a spirit form? What about once you leave the underworld? If you're a spirit, Do you get a new body or do you just keep your old one? See, much of this game is still based on the old storyline of Players being Semi-Spirits and the game still reflects that.

I like the idea of leaving your body behind, but have it where the body doesn't disappear until after you cross the Threshold of Hell and a new body (or rather your old one) is recorporealized. It'll be exactly like animals, where you'll respawn.

Hey, even animals can have there own Underworld in which they must travel the comeback. Monster too.

I think Mar©'s idea about the corpse and only the killer on pk maps and the victim are allowed to loot the body is a great idea! (it would save me alot)

i think is a bad idea, in this game the death penatly is already way too low compare to many other games i played

You mean by loosing exp points? I prefer that above the current way of loosing items.

Why can't there be TWO classes of 'bags'/corpses?:

Leeloo Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neither. It is simply to keep the number of bag down to a reasonable level, otherwise very soon the server would be totally overloaded with bags.  

The ones for creatures/animals could stay as it was. The 'player' corpses would be in a separate 'class' with more - or at least different - attributes, including expiration times. I suggest making that new class and experimenting with it on a few randomly selected players [ -- message to player in the underworld: You are the Chosen one: your body has been preserved where you met your fate - you have X minutes to rejoin your spiritual and physical entities and make him wear a flag next to his name for 4 or 5 days so everyone knows he was given a break [boy, will he be answering a lot of questions!]) until a 'policy' can be agreed upon and developed.

Come on guys, there should be a penalty when you die. I think the system is good as it is, a 50% chance of losing an item, and a small chance to get them back if you're lucky.

Ok, I gave it a thought and it shouldn't be a problem explaining the dead body, we just need to make it the type of a "dead body" that fits into the world of EL.

So here's my suggestion: When a player dies he leaves a small amount of his matter essence behind, perhaps as contour of his body and this matter essence stays there for a given amount of time (on that the dev's will decide). The matter essence left by a player holds his items for lets say 5 minutes so no one can take them, after that it weakens and gives the bag free disappearing completely after another 5 minutes (or 7 to make it 12 total). OR instead of creating another bag the essence just changes condition to another color and the items become free for others to take (after those first 5 minutes) - in the end the items disappear with the "corpse", so the essence completely replaces the bag.

It would be a challenge for the 3D-model designer to make a cool-looking "matter essence corpse" and some coding, but I believe this idea is worth considering...

What d' you think? And especially what to the dev's think? Are there ANY plans to make something like that?

And who would place the tombstone? :) The guy who dies, shortly before his end? Like "hey wait you nasty gargoyle! Let me place my tombstone here .......... ok now you can kill me"

hehe, sorry that's boring :) I think my suggestion is more interesting and has this mystical touch...

yah but you still got the dead body problem, if your body is on the map what the hell are you walking around in :shock: ? And besides, aren't we already spirits? I think if you want to make it realistic it should just be a splatter mark on the ground that you can look at and it will tell you who it was :lol: .

Now Kelven, have you actually read my post? :P C'mon I got no dead body problems, because there will be no dead bodies, so no reason for little six year old boys to see dead people :D

Characters who die will only leave a small amount of their "matter essence" (think of their material points which they lose so quick in one place) on the spot where they died, not their body, there will be no body. And this matter essence will fade away pretty quickly (from 5 to 12 minutes, see my first post) because the amount of the essence will be to little to form a consolidated body, nor will it own a spirit (or enough Life energy) to bind the essence to a real body (as it is done with animals we summon), so it will just fade away.

Do you understand now?

If you lose your items, you lose them thats final, that mainly why you do lose them, you DIED. You ought to lose them all.

I think if you lose all items then yeah make a matter essence body or whatever, but its not, o you lose your items.

I have died plenty of times with full armor and weapon, and guess what? All I lost were my gold and potions, all my armor was still intact. I have also died and lost all of it before and only had 1 needle on me.

Total I have lost about....1 million worth of items, not very much, but I have lost an equal amount of coins. I think the death penalty is TOO low. But if it were higher youd still complain so whats it matter.