Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nardo Lala

How much longer ? ( please join in )

"I'll take the first watch with Tumaros," Aira chimed. "I wonder what else is waiting for us here."

The others shruged and got situated. Geelef lit a fire on a pile of sticks Nardo had found. Laena, a few seconds later, came from around a bush up behind Geelef, placing her hand on his shoulder and sitting down next to him.

"Don't you two be getting too comfortable." Aira warned, seeing the affection in their eyes. He wasn't too fond of the idea of his best friend and his sister getting too close. It didn't apeal to him at all.

"Mind yourself, Aira. We're not hurting you." Laena said, pride bursting in the course, dry air. Giving a small cough, Nardo shifted to face Tumaros, who's face was bright with laughter, but was cut short as a short dark figure rose from the bushes behind him. Whirling around, he found himself eye to eye with a tiny human. Eyes Darkest ebony, white hair fluttering around her face. She had a lean figure, and a very apealing body.

She was quite gorgeous, Nardo found himself thinking. She was only wearing a loin cloth, her rosy breasts covered by her folded arms. She was very tan, and her skin looked smooth like silk.

"Why, hello..." Nardo said to the short beauty in front of him.

She only ignored him, and turned her gaze to Aira. Blushing, he met her eyes, which seemed to draw him nearer to her.

"Hello." she giggled, her face giving off a radiant smile on her full red lips.

(Good youre willing to post here anyways, Aira :D)

Geelef, who had been staring at Laena all the time, finally looked up. He too tought the human girl was pretty, but not as pretty as Laena. Then, in a split second, Geelef realised it: this was no ordinary girl. It was a siren. 'Okaààày...' He turned towards the girl. 'If you say another word I'll tear you apart. Wait till I'm done, then speak.' Surprisingly, the girl nodded. 'What the... Why are you so rude?' Aira asked. 'I'll tell you Aira. This is not a mere human. She's a Siren. When she speaks you all will fall under her spell. You are already affected by it. Just take a look at yourself.' Aira looked at Geelef, then at the girl, and back at Geelef again. 'You mean she isn't human?' 'That's what I mean yeah. Sorry.' Geelef turned towards Nardo and asked him: 'Would you be so kind to make a special potion? This is what you need...' Geelef put his hands in front of him, palms up. Two seconds later all kind of weird ingredients appeared on them. 'Just need that octopus blood you have with you.' Geelef said. Nardo nodded. 'I know which potion you're thinking of...' While Nardo was mixing the ingredients, Geelef turned back to the Siren, his drawn sword hovering in front of her face, ready to strike when the Siren opened her mouth. Minutes passed, but the Siren didn't say anything. 'Ok, done.' Nardo's voice said. 'Just take a nip of this and you're immune to her magical charm.' After he took a nip, Nardo passed the bottle to the others.

'Ok, now you can speak. Why are you here?' Geelef asked.

'Me? I am sent here, by my good master.' The Siren said. 'Ahhh, that voice' Aira said. Geelef spinned around. 'Didn't you take the potion?' he snapped. 'Just kidding man... Don't be so jumpy' Aira smiled back. 'Oh man. Will you never do that again please? You scared hell out of me...' Geelef turned around again. 'Ok, you said master. Who or what is that master you're talking about?' he asked. 'My master is a who. Not a what. He's a male dwarf, very powerful and wise.' 'Does he have anything to do with why we are here?' Nardo asked. 'Well... He does. He's bored. He wants some amusement. But because he doesn't know if you're worthy to fight him, he sends you through trials. This plain is the first out of three. But I can't tell you anything more about this, or else my master will kill me for it.' Tumaros nodded, and said: 'What is your masters name? Maybe we know about him.' 'Bahamut.' the Siren replied. 'Bahamut? That son of a (censored)!' Geelef shouted. 'Do you remember him, Aira? He tried to steal your ru- Waaaiiit. It isn't about him being bored is it? It's about Aira's ruby... Sjeez...' Aira nodded. 'Yeah, I remember him. And I too think he is after my ruby again. But we will not run. We will kill him, no matter what.' Geelef nodded. 'Yes... That's the least we can do.' he turned back to the Siren once again. 'You - You will go back to your master and tell him what we just decided. It wouldn't be fare if he thought he could trick us.' A devilish grin captured Geelef's complexion. 'Tell him, and be glad we didnt kill you...'

The Siren replied with her eyes which suddenly flashed with fury. Her face turned into an ugly grin and in a split second a long tongue suddenly flashed out of her mouth. She bended her back and lifted her arms above her head, showing her three breasts in full glory. Her hips swayed while she murmered a spell with closed eyes. A strange strong odour apeared from nowhere.

Then she heard the sound of swords drawn, bows crooked and staffs readied. She looked up and into the blades of many weapons suddenly realising she was completely outnumbered. "Aarrghhh...I shall bring thy message.." she screeched. The air around the creature got fuzzy and whirly and there where sparks of electricity, her body changed and within a few seconds a dark raven spread its wings, flying of into the night.

Later, much later, a sudden thunder could be heard which lasted minutes, rumbling through the sky as well as the deepest layers of the planet. ...

When they all were setlled down a bit, Tumaros asked: 'OK; now you can tell me. Who is that Bahamut you two were talking about? I know he's a dwarf and thats he's after your ruby, Aira. But what else?' 'I'll tell you what else.' Aira replied. 'Bahamut once was just a normal merchant, looking to buy stuff cheap and sell it with high profits. He got worse and worse, at some point he was prepared to steal, or even kill to get items cheap. Then he heard of me. I don't know how he did, but he did. He secretly entered the castle my parents held me captured in, found my room. He asked me if I would be prepared to give him my ruby. OFcourse I didn't. Bahamut went away, only to prepare my death. A few days later, when Geelef was visiting me secretly, Bahamut came in again. We thought he was my mother coming up, so Geelef had hidden himself. When Bahamut treathened me he took up a piece of wood and threw it at Bahamut. Then we used the little magic we knew to drive him off. We didn't hear from him again, until a few minutes ago.'

'Aha.' Tumaros said. 'So now were gonna finish him off?' 'That's the plan yeah.' Geelef answered. 'We will need some training though. Bahamut was strong then, he might be stronger now. If he controls this entire region, he'll probably have some minions...' Geelef turned to Nardo. 'Will you make some potions? Healing mainly, but some to easily get rid of magic effects or weak enemies would be nice too.' Nardo nodded and said: 'Don't rely on my potions only. Make sure you train, not only your magic and fighting skills, but also your reflections and athletics. Maybe he's got some maze with loads of weird traps.' For a second it was if Nardo remembered something which happened a long time ago, but then he said: 'I'll be gathering some ingredients. Anyone cares to come along?'

"NO!!! not vials. Don't bringpotions" "What do you mean JJK?" "Please dont bring vials, I...I dont know why." Then geelef said "Well if you can't tell us why. nardo...bring them just in case."

“I never travel without them…â€smiled Nardo, and took a long look at JJK. “What did this elf know what he could not tell the group…†He knew his deeds and thoughts where noble, but the mysterious face of JJK was as closed as ever “Maybe it has something to do with that Bahamut, I wonder?â€

With the potions ready, Nardo nodded at the party. 'We are ready to go... but where...? This whole plane just seems so mysterious... The sky is ruby-colored and filled with ebony clouds, clouds covered in golden crackling energy... Around them lies a forest, an otherwordly forest. A low hiss feels the air... They all turn around suddenly to see the tree behind them coming to life... 'It's alive!' Aira shouts. The tree spreads its snakelike branches and reaches out for the adventurers with blinding speed! Mystical words feel the air... 'Anh Faleht Dar Krantis' Nardo wishpers and an invisible wall of force takes form. Tumaro unsheathes his trusted blade and lashes onward, he slips by the wall and with a powerful move slashes one of the branches. 'It is really like a snake!' Tumaro shouts, as black blood sheds on the ebony dirt...

(Glad I joined... love that stuff... hope it goes on like that n then some... c u all soon... :P:D :roll: :wink:

Not caring to draw his sword, Aira grabbed Geelef's hand as they joined their powers. The air grew coarse and dry. Shades of red filled up around them. Temperature raising... raising...

The tree stepped back from the power bind, the heat almost unbearable. It lashed out from afar, swinging it's snake-like branches at the joined elves and sending them crashing to the ground. The branch swiped again, entangling itself around Geelef's leg and wrenched him off the ground.

Geelef struggled madly, kicking and squirming to free himself. All atempts failed, only to exhaust him and leave him powerless to the tree's might.

The others formed a circle around the massive tree, it's branches still flailing about in a mad attempt to break them apart. They began to walk, in the ring, clockwise chanting Aira's "Rune of Fire".

"Calling from our struggling bind

bringing forth the age of time.

Calling to thee one and all,

the force to burn-the force of all.

All of nature hear our plight,

in all your glory send your might.

So'at we may conquer all,

spare your peace and chant thy call!"

The traveler's feet stopped in their place as a force unknown bound them to their spots. The tree seemed to gasp, if it could, as a beam of red light sprang from their outstretched arms to fill in the gaps of the circle. Once more the air grew dry and hot. So hot that the earth itself seemed to cry out with the echoing rune and calling forth the force of fire.

Geelef couldn't help but pass out from the scorching heat, for he wasn't in the runic circle around him. The others felt but a warm sensation as they were engulfed in a blinding red light. Their eyes were shut, unmovable, and their arms outsretched to one another.

A surging wave of power broke the heavens it seemed, as the chanting elves were drained of their power, unleashing it to travel freely into the tree's sturdy, hard trunk.

The branch let go of Geelef, who fell to the ground with a thud. Fire rose to the darkened sky above, as the tree was engulfed in the unruly flames. It swung back in pain... if that's what you could call a tree that's on fire... and fell back into Nardo and catching his boot on fire. The runic circle was broken, and he quickly put the embers out.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust... all that remains now is dirt, smoke, a heavy dry odor, and the question 'Where to, now?'

Geleef tries to stand up and manages to with the help of the others while Tumaro sheathes his sword. They are all drained after the deadly battle but they have to continue on their quest...

In front of them lies the black forest terrifying and fearful. Behind them just open plains with no obvious shelter for the night and no obvious place to go... just endless horizon except, except... 'What's that thing?' A silver-black tower reaches out to touch the ruby sky. 'It's a tower...' Nardo notices.

'We'll want to check that out,' Geelef said, still a bit dizzy. 'But I'm pretty sure that forest has loads of weird and dangerous creatures inside. And I'm too tired to fight anything right now. I say we stay here for the night, then try to reach that tower.' The others nodded in agreement.

The next morning Geelef seemed perfectly alright again. When Nardo woke up he was sitting next to the fire, cooking some meat. Nardo noticed black blood was dripping out of the wood of which Geelef made the fire. 'Good morning!' Geelef said vitaly. 'I can't wait to get to Bahamut. Little bastard, sending that tree to us.' Nardo nodded, not knowing what to think of Geelef's mood.

When the others had woken up, and ate their meat, they packed their belongings and headed for the forest.

*Sylvanna, maybe we should write you in. I've got an idea how to do it. I was gonna let the party get stuck in the forest somehow (a path leading to a magical road, which they have to follow endlessly?) then you rescue them, tell your story and come along. How about it?*

as the group walked towards the forest they heard a shrill laughter behind them, They all turned arouned weopens in hand. Jjk shirverd "what was that?" Nardo said not to mind it then the laughter again we deep voice says "I've been watching you Zabar

Im already in the story so i thought i add in

“Darn, I should have brought that needle…†thought Nardo, while he wiggled his big toe that was sticking out of his burned boot. “Maybe indeed in that tower is one.â€

Slowly the group got ready after breakfast, all a bit quiet and still shaken of last nights happening. Nardo felt drained too. He wondered if he would still be strong enough to last the whole journey. There were storm clouds hovering the sky and it looked they where carrying heavy weather. Nardo did not look forward to the coming journey, travelling through those dark woods in the pouring rain. "There would probably be nothing to pick except some mushy mushrooms ans sticky pine needles..." “Here!" shouted Tumaros as if he could read his mind and threw him a piece of rabbit fur. With a piece of string and a smile on his face he wrapped it around the top of his shoe.

Laena and Geelef where standing by waiting, fully packed, ready to go. Aira keeping a close eye on both of them also. Soon the whole group was ready and on their way they went.

As soon as they reached the first trees of the forest the whole sky clouded up completely, draining all light and dropping heavy raindrops in return. Within minutes the soil they were walking on turned into a sluggish mud. Huge trees stood among them, their branches spreading wide making it impossible to orientate. Geelef waived and gestured to come close together. “I would say,†Geelef shouted for his voice could hardly be heard because the pondering rain around them, “We could be walking for hours in here and get nowhere….let’s split up and make a chain, about ten meters apart, and we walk in a straight line in the direction towards that tower until we see a path, the first one that spot something that looks like a path shouts…†Nardo listened and took meanwhile Zabar out his pouch and placed the frog on his shoulders. It had been days since it had a bath.

There again it was. Zabar looked up, suddenly full alert, forgetting about his shower. Now he was certain. There was this mad laughter in his mind that had been haunting him for days. It was suddenly close. Very close. Nardo looked at the frog for he felt the animal stir and saw the frightened look on the frogs face.

as the group walked zabar heard the laughter louder and louder then everything stoped no sound no rain no laughter......

a dark figure apeared and his shrill laughter continued how i have hoped you zabar would wonder into my woods.....

The dark figure disapered and light shone threw the dark forest and there a single flower bloomed as Jjk went to pick it up its vines grew and entangled jjk......

'Jjk, watch out!' Laena shouts, as the thorn-covered branches of the blossomed black rose entangled Jjk. Aira and Geelef draw their swords and start hacking and slashing the lower part of the horrific plant. Jjk shrieks in pain as the black rose tightens its grip and its thorn sink deep in poor Jjk's flesh... Now Tumaro joins the battle with his greatsword. As he raises his blade Laena whispers a few mystical words Tumaro's sword gets sheathed in blue flames. So powerful was the hit that it chopped the entangling branches and Tumaro's blade got stuck in the earth underneath! Meanwhile, Nardo has reached in his pouch to find one of his potions to help poor Jjk, and Aira with Geelef had finished off the wicked rose by destroying its roots.

The entangling thorn-covered branches loosen their grip now and fall to the ground, along with Jjk's crumbled body ( :) ). 'Here drink this!' Nardo says and helps a purple potion down Jjk's throat as he'd passed out. 'This should make you feel better. The others sheathe their weapons and make a circle around Jjk. 'The woodsaren't safe!' Tumaro says bluntly. 'We have to be really careful...' Aira adds, '...and who was that black figure earlier?'

Jjk's wounds begin to close gradually and he starts breathing again... He opens his eyes, vision blury, just to find his friends around him all worried but also reliefed. 'He's ok, he's getting better' Laena says almost delighted ( :) )

The raindrops keep falling, much lighter now... The light is gone, the black rose also vanishes. Jjk is better, quite ready to go on. 'We should keep moving until we find a shelter in these unfriendly woods.' says Geelef, the others more than ready to agree with him. So the party continues through the dark woods trying to find a path, a shelter or simply just a way out of this accursed place!

*I'd just love to tag along :D:D:D you see i have talked with Nardo online in EL and he tolded you need a witch and that I should join in ASAP :!: So here I am ready to fit in whenever you'd like :) .*

*Hey! That's meaning you're gonna play my girlfriend :) If Tumaros posts the entire story you'll see that Laena is Aira's sister, but we haven't anyone to roleplay for her. Aira thought she and I should get 'friendly'...

I like your writing, and you seem very interested, so as far as I'm concerned your in! :D*

As they moved closer to the tower the rain started to pour down heavier again. After they walked for about half an hour Geelef could hear Laena shouting: 'Hey Gee! There's a cave over here! Tell the others will you?'

Finally... Geelef thought. We could use some rest. 'Nardo! Laena found a cave! Pass it on!'

Once they all were sitting around the fire Nardo started, Geelef said: 'Tomorrow we'll reach that tower. I bet anything that Bahamut is in it. Does anyone think he isn't ready for it? If so, were gonna train a bit.' He looked around, but nobody nodded. Then Aira said: 'I think we all are ready to kick that little wimps ass.' A fierce red glow surrounded Aira when he thought of Bahamut again. 'I know we can handle him. He might be strong, but we are with many. We know eachother thoroughly. He doesn't stand a chance.'

The darkness of the cave's stone cold interior surrounded them as they walked inside. The laughter died down, and a little peace fluttered around the travelers.

A crack of giggles broke out down in the bowels of the cave. Aira, a little startled, pointed his finger towards the sound. Small sparks errupted from its tip, and a flame broke out, shedding light to guide their way. At the far end of the cave, the walls curved around hiding what ever it was from their view. The giggles sounded their call again. A high pitched giggle. That of a little human girl.

Geelef stepped infront of Aira and continued to walk in the direction of the sound, determined to crush his fear and discover the truth of what ever was waiting for them.

He stopped abruptly as a little leather ball bounced from around the corner and landed at Geelef's boots. He bent down and picked it up, examining it thorougly before handing it to Nardo. Nardo only shooed it away and gave it to Laena. She didn't seem to feel very confortable holding a foreign ball.

"Oh... give it to me!" Aira said, exhasperation leaking in a deep sigh. He snatched the ball out of his sisters hands and spun around, only to jump back into her.

With his left arm curled around the ball, and his right arm pointing his lit finger towards the cave's interior, he gave a startled gasp. A little girl, white haired, human, pale white skin - almost as pale as Aira's and wearing a red tunic, spun slowly from around the enterence and stood, legs spread slightly, staring at them with her head bowed. Her white hair flowed over her face, shielding it from the light's and their eye's view.

"H.. hello? Little Girl?" asked Laena, her voice cracking in the terible, chilling cave air.

'You've come very far... yet your journey ends here, I'm afraid," the little girl said blantly and unemotionably. Her voice was cold, adding to the chill surrounding them. It was high-picthed, and she had a slight lisp.

The travelers were shivering in the hoarse, freezing breath coming from the eerie human. Something wasn't right about her, everyone knew it.

"Who are you? What do you mean "our journey ends here".... " Aira demanded, but stopped as the raunchy smell of decay spread through the chill and into their lungs. The travelers were emersed in fits of caughing, trying to rid themselves of the awfull odor around them.

The little girl stepped into the shadows, the only thing visible was a partial head and white hair streaming down. Slowly she lifted her head, and a terrible screech came from her continuously opening mouth.

"Her jaws are unhinged!" Nardo called out, recognizing the stretched out chin of the human.

She stopped her cry and lept into the air, becoming only a shadow of a large and horrible bird, fleeing from the cave and out into the forest.

'Are we going after her - or it?' Laena asked. 'I mean, we are heading for Bahamut, but that girl might attack us from behind, or have some important clues.' 'I say we get to Bahamut and then kill that girl. She probably is some sort of servant, if not slave, of Bahamut, if we kill him she'll calm down too.' Geelef said. 'What do you think?' 'I'm for killing Bahamut first' Aira replied. The others nodded. 'You're right about that girl, Laena, but she probably wont know anything we cant figure out ourselves, and if we can't kill her, we certainly wont stand a chance against Bahamut.' Tumaros said. 'But first, we're gonna get some sleep.'

The next morning Geelef woke up, shivering. He dreamt about that girl - it was aweful. But it was only a dream. He looked up, and saw Tumaros enchanting his arrows, Nardo preparing some more potions and Aira making breakfast. Geelef stretched himself. 'Man, I feel like I haven't slept at all.'

Fifteen minutes later the group was heading for the tower. After an hour they reached it. When they stood beneath it, they fully realised how huge it was, they couldn't see the top of it. 'I guess Bahamut is all the way up' Aira said sadly.'That's gonna be a hell of a hike...'

as the group entered the tower they saw 2 stair cases

"Which one should we take?" Geelef asks. "Why dont we split up, half go on the right half go on the left?" suggeted Laena.

"I dont think so Laena, if Bahamut is as strong as we think we wont stand a chance without all of us together," said Nardo

As they were thinking which staircase to use the staircases disapered the tower disapered they were once agian in the forest

"what the hell?" Geelef exclaimed "i thought we were at the tower

The old shrill laughter agian "hahahahaha It was just a mere illusion I told you zabar you will not leave my forest

"Someone is playing a nice trick on us here, there are great magical powers afoot..." was Nardo´s first thought. Bewilderd he looked around him. The forrest was full of noise and shadows. Suddenly from the corner of his eye he saw something white fluttering in all that darkness...

......A pure white dove soared gracefully over the weary travellers, It swooped down and landed in front of Nardo. Slowly, it's beak began to change, followed by the rest of it's body. After several seconds the dove had turned into a figure in a pure white cloak. The figure took of it's hood and gazed upwards. "Hello again" said Thalos....

.."Thalos!..y-your back?" gasped Nardo, slightly taken aback. Thalos nodded, he seemed to glow pure white against the darkness of the forest.

"What happened to you?" asked Geelef.

"I'm not sure, but after that blast i felt... different. I feel something coursing around my veins." Thalos answered. "it's like something in that blast effected me, changed me"

"You were a dove and then you changed... your hair, your clothes.. your different now.." Nardo said puzzled, a look of awe about his face.

"Yes, i seem to be able to change myself, physically.. watch.." With this Thalos lifted his arm, It began to change twisting and writhing and then Thalos was holding, not his own hand up in the air, but a bird's wing...

"Oh my... he's like an ... an angel!" Laena exclaimed, stepping towards the winged creature. Geelef grunted and pulled her next to him; she gave him an embarassed giggle and nudged his chin affectionatly.

Aira rolled his eyes and stepped forward. "So, what's next? First we have a siren, then this freaky human who's jaw unhinges... and now we have Talos: with WINGS!" Shaking his head and giving a small grunt, he went over to stand beside Nardo, who was busy brushing decaying leaves from the forest floor off of his boots.

Seeing he was preoccupied, Aira slowly walked over to a large rock looking over a vast lake.

"Hey! What's this..." he whispered. "This wasn't here before.."

The others showed no sign of hearing him, giving Aira the choice to explore or head back. Aira's sense of pride shot loose, shoving away the fact that it was not a good idea to wander off from the group.

Looking down, he noticed a few runes carved into the stone's surface. They had a faint green glow about them and gave off a sense of power. Aira's nose twitched in interest as he bent down and placed his index finger on the first rune, and ran it down the jagged line to read it.

Past this rock that you may find,

near the ole' lake all devine.

You may cross but be aware,

that you are crossing the sands of time.

Using magic as protection,

will not be aid for all is bound.

The rock will lengthen giving in,

you've passed the threshold that you've found.

Aira got up, confused by the ramblings of the jagged runes. What did it mean, 'you've passed the threshold that you've found'?

He looked up, and startled he spun around to look for the others. They were gone, all that was left was... what looked like a much younger forest. The trees were thicker, the grass was greener, and the lake seemed to go on for miles and miles. Where was he?

Aira looked down at the rock infront of him. It was still there, but even the rock looked much younger. Luckily the runes were still there... maybe they could help him get back to his friends.

He read it over and over again, outloud and to himself. No use. He was still in the young forest, which smelled of apple and cedar. There was nothing to do but explore and find out as much as he could about wherever he was, and how to get back to the place where he was before.

He thought back on the rune, and what it said about time.

"Can it really mean I've gone back in time?" Aira said thoughtfully. "It's quite possible... Oh... why did I ever wander off!" He kicked a small pebble in his path in anger, and the ground gave a small lurch - his ruby setting off a small spark.

Down the ruddy path he was walking on, he could see a clearing with odd shaped tents all about. A campfire ... or bonfire was burning in the center of the little community. It did not seem very welcoming.

As he aproached, the light of the sun was giving a pink glow in the sunset.

"Wait a second... wasn't it just morning?" he mumbled. As he approached the camp, he saw that the shadows of humans were dancing and skipping around the massive bonfire.

"A ritual... I'd better not disturb them." Aira said cautiously, looking around to make sure he was alone before covering himself in the underbrush behind a tree. There was enough space between a nearby tent and the tree to give him a great view of the ritual. It seemed very wicked, almost frightful. Shouts of men and the pounding of drums made their mark as the men stopped their dancing and writhing, and stood still facing every which direction.

A loud horn call burst through the air, sending Aira's pointy ears down at the sudden burst of noise. Two men carrying an animal skin stretcher came out of the tent nearest to him. Aira realized that there was something on the stretcher, and that it was the human girl they had seen earlier. What were they going to do to her?

The men and women of the tribe... of what looked like a race of indians... were wearing all sorts of animal skins ranging from what looked like cougar to deer and to bear skins. Whoever they were, they certainly didn't look very friendly.

They brough the young girl, who was strapped with only a small white robe on, over to the bonfire and placed her on a stone altar. An old man, long, curly white hair streaming down his face, walked up to her. At his arm was a man, very young, tan, and black hair and black eyes. He was wearing a loin cloth, showing his skin to every mortal eye.

The old man raised his hands to the sky, which was now the night sky with a full moon, and shouted something that Aira couldn't understand. The old man lowered his hands and bound the girls arms to each side of the altar with a leather strap. Her feet were lifted and placed under thighs in deep grooves nitched into the skins. They bound her feet there as well. After this, they slowly lifted the stretcher on the altar to a half raised position on the stone, then bound the stretcher there so that it was securely fastened. The girl was crying, and looked as though if her feet were on the ground she would be squatting with her legs spread wide open.

The old man then said a few more words to the abnormally large full moon, then pushed the young dark haired man toward the young girl. The crowd of villagers started to dance in place, chanting and shouting. The girl was crying even harder as the man stepped toward her with a small knife at his hand, and began to cut at her robe. She struggled to free herself, but couldn't. It was no use. The final string holding her garments on was cut, and they slid off her pale flesh like unworthy rags in a gods eyes. She was left naked, bearing herself to the man.

He slowly layed onto her shivering, naked body, but stopped dead as Aira burst through the brush of trees and bushed in a frantic attempt to save the girl in his own fury. The ground gave a mighty jolt, throwing the man off of the young girl. The eyes of the villagers were wide with suprise, but then narrowed in anger. Their ritual had been disrupted. They would make the strange little elf pay.

Someone came up behind him and wraped his arms around him, as another punched him in the stomach, winding him and leaving him heaving for air in the moist brown dirt. The girl was shivering harder, and her cries rose to the heavens as she called out in a foreign language.

Aira noticed she was blidfolded and could see nothing. Anger flodded through his body. His fiery red hair rose and turned to burning flames, his eyes flashed brightly around the crowd. The wind seemed to speak in melody with him as he handed out his warning.

"You have crossed my limit... you will not touch this girl. Ritual or not. Look at her! You should be ashamed of yoursleves!" he shouted to the crowd, their faces ashen in fright. Aira's voice boomed over the howl of the wind, and a crack of lighning lit up the sky and came shrieking down, striking the bonfire with a heavy jolt. Burning logs were sent flying into everything. The forest, the lake... and into the village burning down tents. Rain poured down from the clouds, seeming to leave the fire glowing hot as their village burned to the ground. Aira slowly rose into the air a few feet, his anger building up, and floated towards the girl. He loostened the straps and freed her arms, then took off her blindfold. The moment she saw his fiery red eyes, flaming hair, and pointy ears, she shrieked in fright.

"You'll come with me... I won't let the others hurt you." he said in a friendly voice, giving her her robe. She turned around and tied the golden straps of the drenched white robe. Her white hair streamed down her face, sopping wet in the rain.

"Thank you." she muttered uneasily.

Man... this story is getting a little sappy and romantic. :? Maybe it's the classical music I was listening to when I wrote this. x.x I'll kill my friend for ever giving me a romance novel to read!! WARNING: Get's a little... heated, but does not go into much description.

Nardo gave Geelef and poke.

"Hey... where did Aira go?" he whispered into Geelef's ear. Geelef only shrugged and continued to snuggle against Laena, sliding his fingers through her thin, fiery red hair reflecting the glow of the sun.

Could she ever get anymore beautiful?, Geelef thought, staring at the radiant beauty of his girl friend. She looked into his eyes; Geelef stared into the big, red window opening to her soul. They seemed more together than they had ever been before. Laena broke her gaze first, averting her eyes to Geelef's chest, sliding a hand over it.

Geelef seemed to snap, heat and blood rushing to his cheeks. She seemed to notice, giving a slightly 'bad girl' grin, taking his hand, and dragging him into the massive clump of trees.

"You're all mine today," she said. They hid themselves among a patch of bushes behind the trees, sheilding them from view of the others.

They were watching of course, with slightly shocked eyes. How could the be... right now! At a time like this.

Suddenly Nardo's suspicion of Aira seemed to smack him in the face. He turned to Thalos, who was looking at the slightly shaking bushes, oddly and very observingly. Nardo whacked him on the back.

"Hey! Give them a little privacy, why don't you!" Nardo said, spotting Laena's bare leg sticking out among the entagled and weaved branches of bushes. Exotic sensations seemed to float through the air, giving the rest of the group curiosity of what was hapening behind the veil of branches.

"Where's Aira?" Nardo asked again, this time to Thalos who stuck an angel-white wing in the air. It seemed to glow with it's own light.

He only shrugged, and turned his attention again to the shaking bushes.

"Seriously.. you'd think they'd go in the forest to do something like that! Ugh!", he grunted. The bushes stopped their shaking, and a faint giggle from Laena pierced the ears of the travelers. After a few minutes, Geelef and Laena stood up and walked over to the others, their things put back on untidily. Laena's hair was about her face, a leaf tangled up in her hair. Geelef's boots were on the wrong feet, and his upper clothing was untucked from his pants.

"So, I'm guessing you two are a serious couple now?" Nardo said, his voice cracking a little in exasperation. "You know, you could have at least been a little more discrete!"

Laena only laughed a bit and wrenched Geelef's face to hers, exploring his mouth. They seemed to be on fire again, and bells were ringing in their ears as their love entwined synchronized with their madly twisting tongues. After a few minutes of play, Laena thrust a hand up Geelef's shirt; Geelef did the same.

Thalos and nardo grunted together, the two laying off their love to keep to themselves.

"Where's AIRA?!" Nardo said, aggitated to have to ask more than twice. "He's been gone for a few hours... don't you think we should look for him?!"

"Err.. yeah." Geelef said, now aware that they were one elf short.

*Cough...*

Nice writing :) You DO realise that there's someone out there who's gonna roleplay for Laena, right? Ah heck, I'll let you handle my romance :)

Laena's face went from romantical to frightened in less than a second. 'Aira's gone? Were could he be?'

'I think I saw him over there for the last time' Thalos said, nodding towards the stone with the runes. 'I think he was kinda upset. Don't know why though.'

After a few minutes of intense searching Tumaros' voice cracked through the clear sky. 'Look at this...' By the time Nardo spun around Tumaros was gone. He walked to the point where he heard Tumaros' voice coming from, and discovered the stone. He began to read, when he was halfway he looked up and saw the forest slightly spin around him. He shouted: 'Come on you guys! Read these runes!' When he saw a few shades come near he read along.

When Geelef heard Nardo shout he looked up, only to see a purple blur near a stone. The others were walking to it, so he did too. When he was near the blur, it started to fade, only to dissappear into nothing.

He ran to the place where Nardo was, then saw the stone. 'OK; I know this one...' Geelef said. 'Read it and we'll go through time. Aira probably did it, the same goes for Tumaros and Nardo.