Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

fighting

will the fighting stay as it is now? it has so many delay

and look realy crappy, i hope it wil be smoother ;o0

one suggestion i would make fr fighting is changing the way you get att exp, So something like a monsters has a certain amount of att exp you can get from it no matter how many attacks you take to kill it (it would still varrie depending and what levels you are though) so lets say someone wanted to kill a deer, and at that persons level the deer would give a total of 100 exp and it has 20 health(im just using these numbers to make it easy) so every 1 health you take of you will get 5 exp, so that way if you took of 20 in one go or in 20 hits you would still give 100 exp.

This would mean people would start using weapons to fight again, which means weapons would finally have a use instead of just for pking

true, but u would level uber quik..if you put high phy/coords and use a serp

true, but u would level uber quik..if you put high phy/coords and use a serp

211608[/snapback]

Yes, but the new market for serps- and all weapons for that matter- would make them more valuable and more expensive, making it harder for peopl to get them.

Plus, why dont we determine how much exp you get by some equation based on the monster's a/d and health? so the higher level you are, the less exp you get for monsters.

Plus, why dont we determine how much exp you get by some equation based on the monster's a/d and health? so the higher level you are, the less exp you get for monsters.

211682[/snapback]

...We do determine how much exp gained by an equation based on the player's a/d and the monster's a/d.

...We do determine how much exp gained by an equation based on the player's a/d and the monster's a/d.

212306[/snapback]

Yeah we do at the moment, but the problem is its per hit, so you could get alot of exp from a monester if you took 1 hp of a time but if you killed it in one hit you would only get a little bit, therefor it is best for people to fight without a weapon so they get more exp.

But if it was change so ever monster has a set amount of exp (this would change depending on your a/d and there a/d so people couldn't get easy exp) then people would use weapons so they can kill faster and get exp quicker

Think realistically... will I get more experience from fighting with someone, or walking up and decking him from behind? (Not that I would <_< ). The idea is exp has a basis on skills and time, not skills alone.

and my point is at the moment noone will use weapons if there plaining to get exp from monster, so therfor all wepons below tit serp are useless and dont sell, so just by changing it slightly weapons will be need again

and my point is at the moment noone will use weapons if there plaining to get exp from monster, so therfor all wepons below tit serp are useless and dont sell, so just by changing it slightly weapons will be need again

212389[/snapback]

Well, when you have weapon type sub-skills, you need the weapon to train the sub-skill. :) (That's posted about sub-skills being a plan somewhere around here, I believe).

Think realistically... will I get more experience from fighting with someone, or walking up and decking him from behind? (Not that I would <_< ). The idea is exp has a basis on skills and time, not skills alone.

212379[/snapback]

Thats an idea, exp penalty for hitting something from behind. lol

I clearly understand it's an issue to have the same exp from fighting with or without weapons. But the problem right now is:

1. Weapons are basically Useless.

2. Weapons are Too Powerfull. The tit serp can basically kill a Gargoyle in one hit .

Here are my idesa around Weapons:

1. If we intoduce Monster Based Exp we get faster Levels (Valuable for everybody :))

2. We can start having more and more monsters.

3. We can Have monsters who have weak Elemental or Strong Elemental Defence. Like having a new Monster Called Volcano Rocks (just an idea), With a Tit long of fire he will gain Hp instead of loosing it and if we use an Ice serp he will have a lot more damage :)

4. We can Introduce a whole lot of new weapons and the market will be better on them.

5. We can introduce Projectile Weapons :) (of course monsters can also have them because it's useless and to easy).

Edited by emtor

I clearly understand it's an issue to have the same exp from fighting with or without weapons. But  the problem right now is:

2. Weapons are Too Powerfull. The tit serp can basically kill a Gargoyle in one hit .

1. If we intoduce Monster Based Exp we get faster Levels (Valuable for everybody :P)

3. We can Have monsters who have weak Elemental  or Strong Elemental Defence. Like having a new Monster Called Volcano Rocks (just an idea), With a Tit long of fire he will gain Hp instead of loosing it and if we use an Ice serp he will have  a lot more damage :P

4. We can Introduce a whole lot of new weapons and the market will be better on them.

5. We can introduce Projectile Weapons :P (of course monsters can also have them because it's useless and to easy).

213124[/snapback]

1. That's incorrect. If you want levels immediately, why play the game?

2. Guess what? We do that. Monsters don't design and create themselves though.

4. Same as two. Weapons don't design and balance themselves.

5. We're working on that.

I clearly understand it's an issue to have the same exp from fighting with or without weapons. But  the problem right now is:

1. If we intoduce Monster Based Exp we get faster Levels (Valuable for everybody :))

3. We can Have monsters who have weak Elemental  or Strong Elemental Defence. Like having a new Monster Called Volcano Rocks (just an idea), With a Tit long of fire he will gain Hp instead of loosing it and if we use an Ice serp he will have  a lot more damage :hug:

5. We can introduce Projectile Weapons :( (of course monsters can also have them because it's useless and to easy).

213124[/snapback]

213210[/snapback]

Geez why be so rude, I was just making suggestion.

I know it's hard to make a game, I just wanted to help

I love that game

Edited by emtor

3. We can Have monsters who have weak Elemental  or Strong Elemental Defence. Like having a new Monster Called Volcano Rocks (just an idea), With a Tit long of fire he will gain Hp instead of loosing it and if we use an Ice serp he will have  a lot more damage :)

5. We can introduce Projectile Weapons :) (of course monsters can also have them because it's useless and to easy).

213124[/snapback]

213210[/snapback]

I love that game

213233[/snapback]

Because he is a developer, short and to the point. If he did not code that way, we would have a slow game. :) he might also be a little irritated because thesee are the same suggestions over and over again.

3. We can Have monsters who have weak Elemental  or Strong Elemental Defence. Like having a new Monster Called Volcano Rocks (just an idea), With a Tit long of fire he will gain Hp instead of loosing it and if we use an Ice serp he will have  a lot more damage :)

213124[/snapback]

213210[/snapback]

I love that game

213233[/snapback]

Because he is a developer, short and to the point. If he did not code that way, we would have a slow game. :) he might also be a little irritated because thesee are the same suggestions over and over again.

213524[/snapback]

Ok I apologize, Continue your great work :):)