Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Enyo

french keyboard not working

Guest Enyo

I'm running windows XP family version french.. for some reason my # key isn't working on the new server. someone plz help.. thanks

edit: when i just logged in again i could use the # before i made changes to my video settings in option.. hmmm...

Edited by Enyo

I'm running windows XP family version french..  for some reason my # key isn't working on the new server.  someone plz help..  thanks

edit:  when i just logged in again i could use the # before i made changes to my video settings in option.. hmmm...

196443[/snapback]

same problem can't use # or @ exept in 1280*1024*32, and can't use numerique pad...

Guest Enyo
same problem can't  use # or @ exept in 1280*1024*32, and can't use numerique pad...

196451[/snapback]

when i first logged on.. it let me use it once under the lowest video settings.. but that's it.. i normally use 1280 x 32

my carte graphique is: MSI MS-StarForce GeForce FX 5200 (NVIDIA GeForce 5200)

triste triste triste :-(

It is not only french keyboard...

German keyboard (or better, international keyboards) are not working.

For example, I type <ALT GR> + <Q> to get the @-sign (for writing in channels), then the client crashes.

Same problem under Linux.

OS: 2.6.8-2-686-smp #1 SMP Mon Jan 24 02:32:52 EST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

Edited by DrMabuse

Guest Enyo

yay problem resolved for me..i went into my EL Config.exe .. clicked on video.. enabled full screen and checked the settings for 1024x768x32 and now it works fine.. i can use my special keys on my french keyboard.. but i wish i could use the settings (1280 x 32) within the option inside the game client.. well, at least i can play now :-)

edit: want to mention this problem started after an update when the window was set to start at a certain resolution specified in the config.exe ..these higher settings aren't offered in the el config.exe.. anyway, it won't allow me to make adjustments for video within the option on the game client.. it all has to be done in the config.exe or my keys won't work.

Edited by Enyo

yay problem resolved for me..i went into my EL Config.exe  .. clicked on video.. enabled full screen and checked the settings for 1024x768x32 and now it works fine.. i can use my special keys on my french keyboard.. but i wish i could use the settings (1280 x 32) within the option inside the game client.. well, at least i can play now  :-)

edit:  want to mention this problem started after an update when the window was set to start at a certain resolution specified in the config.exe ..these higher settings aren't offered in the el config.exe.. anyway, it won't allow me to make adjustments for video within the option on the game client.. it all has to be done in the config.exe or my keys won't work.

196487[/snapback]

don't work everytime alt+gr confused with ctrl key by the game but relog and it work

Guest Enyo
don't work everytime alt+gr confused with ctrl key by the game but relog and it work

196495[/snapback]

that's because you need to go to EL Config.exe in your eternal lands folder and set your video settings there.. because if you change your video settings in under options in the game, it disables those special keys on our international keyboards.

it is not working because <alt gr> + <q> is quit.... like <alt gr> + <e> is encyclopedia (and not € = EURO-sign)

I've set video things with "el config" and under linux with vi (editing the el.ini file).

solution:

remove the keyboard mapping <alt gr> + <q> from source code, use <alt> + <x>

post scriptum:

<alt gr> is used for special signs on international keyboards.

Edited by DrMabuse

Guest Enyo
it is not working because <alt gr> + <q> is quit.... like <alt gr> + <e> is encyclopedia (and not € = EURO-sign)

I've set video things with "el config" and under linux with vi (editing the el.ini file).

solution:

remove the keyboard mapping <alt gr> + <q> from source code, use <alt> + <x>

post scriptum:

<alt gr> is used for special signs on international keyboards.

196518[/snapback]

my french keyboard works great now that i figured out how to resolve the conflict (temp fix) but it works and i hope that i have helped some others here, too..I see you took my advice and it works for you.. or i hope.. i don't use "alt gr" + "q" .. we use "alt gr" + the "#" key or the "@" key and and some other few keys.. it does mean to quit.. i don't exit the program. im not a programmer so i can't comment on your solution but my solution works great.. although it's just a bandaid solution...also you are using a german keyboard and not a french one.. so your issues may differ slightly, i don't know... just a guess. :-)

Edited by Enyo

French Keyboard Map

http://www.goucher.edu/library/decker/help...keyboardmap.htm

Standard German Keyboard Layout

http://carbon.cudenver.edu/~tphillip/Germa...oardLayout.html

your @ and # are different keys so you will have a different behavior. but the problem is that something is wrong with the "internationalisation". well, i can start a new thread...

Odd, <alt gr> worked out of the box for me and I can type @ with both "<alt gr> + q" and "<alt gr> + 2"

Only thing that never worked in EL for me are deadkeys :glare:

I have a swedish keyboard and I also have the problems with malfuncioning alt-gr sequences... But if i press both alt and alt-gr and the key it works...

But it's not always it's malfunctioning, Today it worked until i used alt + enter to switch to fullscreen...

Same stuff with Belgian keyboards. Here I use the ctrl+alt combo to reach the special characters. No big deal, it makes me slower in typing my witticisms.

same problem on norwegian keyboard, but im guessing thats very similar to a swedish one :blush:

and thanks nyxl for that ctrl+alt combo, color me stupid but i didnt know of that :hiya:

maybe we could finally remove the ctrl+q exit function, why cause that much trouble for so many, just because a few don't want to use alt+x!

:)

for fix <alt gr> same as <ctrl> i re installed the game and it work fine now only numeric pad don't work now :)

i just lose all quotes in my map made visiting new continant :)

Guest Enyo

i would hate to see the alt x removed to exit game cause i love it..

i told everyone what to do but no one is listening..

one more time...

edit video setting in ELConfig.exe ONLY and not in video options ingame.. simple as that.. end of story and nothing else left to complain about.. when they have time.. they will resolve that issue but for now just edit video in config.exe

thing is that if i try running it on max rez and 32bit colors the game is a crawl!

so my only option is to live with it or forgo playing until its fixed...