Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brom

RP idea

I am an old MUD player. And we had 2 ways to broadcast messages. Out of Character (OOC) which was the most often used. and In Character (IC) Which was regulated and usually only used in quests and roleplaying. Im sure this has been brought up before, but why not have a togglable option if you are In character or Out of Character. It would give the roleplayers a chance to set themselves in a group and it would allow those who do not want to roleplay in the same way they were. This way, when you are in RP mode you can chat on Channel 50 with other citizens of the world who also want to be in character.

Events we call them here, but I call them Quests because of my MUD upbringing, should be more common, and I would LOVE to run these events. Say the word and Im there (If time allows :P) We will simply broadcast "We will be roleplaying an event, come to Moonshadows tavern if interested and be in character before you walk in the door."

Then in front of Moonshadows we can have several RP experts helping people to understand what RP is, and many/most will be interested. If we have a high-level Moderator it would be nice to incorporate invasions into this RP and have a Hack-N-Slash type RP session.

This is basically offering my services to the RP team as a Newbie helper and a fan of RP :brooding:

Edited by Brom

Be Patient my friend, There will be an invasion soon enough, and some fun RP for the hack-n-slasher aswell. We have about 3 quests lined up not to mention some aces up our selve. Also Brom, i will hold RP events if you find me online, i have no problem doing so.

It would be excellent to reward for role-playing in an event. That would make rpging(which most of us want us all to do) more appealing and it would be a good disguise for even the pesky powerplayer to role-play a session and not lose her/his face in front her/his powerplay buddies. :(

- cedox

Edited by cedox