Eternal Lands Official Forums
Boxer

Whats wrong with my game

On my game i try to create a character but every time i click "DONE" then it dont do anything......it just sits there......

what do i need to do??

179678[/snapback]

Are you trying to create a charachter that is a Gnome, Orchant or Draegoni?

Edited by giannis

No, just a human....

179733[/snapback]

i have installed the game again "still the same thing" installed update "still the same thing" i dont know can any one help .....the only thing is i try to create a character and i click "DONE" but the screen stays the same and dont give no messages or freeze up or anything..... its as if the game dont regonize the button??? i dont know im just think ....PLZ HELP ME :):):(

In case something is happening there should be a file called "error_log.txt" in the el directory. Maybe you can see something there,if not, post it here.

The reasons could be so many...

In case something is happening there should be a file called "error_log.txt" in the el directory. Maybe you can see something there,if not, post it here.

The reasons could be so many...

179740[/snapback]

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/fontv.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle5.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle6.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle7.bmp

thats what it says.... there was more than i thought... :)

When you first start up the game and get a black screen, do you get some text there? What does it say? Anything about "Hi, and welcome to Eternal-Lands..." in dark greeb, or what is the last text there before you advance to the Login & Character creation screens.

Have you checked to see if you're IP address is in that Banned list of ranges?

When you first start up the game and get a black screen, do you get some text there? What does it say? Anything about "Hi, and welcome to Eternal-Lands..." in dark greeb, or  what is the last text there before you advance to the Login & Character creation screens.

Have you checked to see if you're IP address is in that Banned list of ranges?

179743[/snapback]

a black screen shows up with different colored typed scripts...."yellow,light green,pink, and green" but i thing thats normal....it says to click screen to continue.. then i click and it shows like the normal screen says "LOGIN" and "NEW CHARACTER"

a black screen shows up with different colored typed scripts...."yellow,light green,pink, and green" but i thing thats normal....it says to click screen to continue.. then i click and it shows like the normal screen says "LOGIN" and "NEW CHARACTER"

179745[/snapback]

Does that last green section have the message I asked about? Have you tried to read what it says?

Does that last green section have the message I asked about? Have you tried to read what it says?

179746[/snapback]

yes i have read it multiple times to see what i am doing wrong.... yea it says hi, welcome....

yes i have read it multiple times to see what i am doing wrong.... yea it says hi, welcome....

179747[/snapback]

Then you should have said so. That at least says you were able to connect to the server, not everyone can.

Then you should have said so. That at least says you were able to connect to the server, not everyone can.

179748[/snapback]

so then whats the matter???i can connect to the server but i cant create a character.....

Are point particles turned on? That's been a problem in clients showing that same error_log... seems like the game won't actually start, or log in, without those. Go into el.ini, and set the point particles line to 0, instead of 1. That should fix it... unless I have where the other error happened wrong.

Are point particles turned on? That's been a problem in clients showing that same error_log... seems like the game won't actually start, or log in, without those. Go into el.ini, and set the point particles line to 0, instead of 1. That should fix it... unless I have where the other error happened wrong.

179761[/snapback]

when i open the file i cant find any thing that says that....

When the game is connecting to the server it shows up in pink....

GL_*_point_Sprite extension "not using it"

GL_SGIS_Generate_MipMap "not using it"

PLUS the error log says

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/fontv.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle5.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle6.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle7.bmp

179761[/snapback]

i fixed the point particle didnt change any thing...

Guest Wingfield

I've actually been having this same problem for the last couple of days. When I try to create a player, everything works up to the point where I try to click the "Done" button - nothing happens when I do, as if the "Done" button isn't a button at all. I sent an email to Derin yesterday in hopes of getting a character created, but it's been about 24 hours and I still haven't had a reply. Is there anyone else that can help me out, or should I just continue waiting?

HERE is a screenshot of what I was hoping my character to look like.

EDIT: Issue has been fixed thanks to Aislinn, who set up my character for me. :icon13:

Edited by Wingfield

i had the same problem when i first started, does the first screen have a red text? it talks about your isp being banned? if so you need to get added to the whitelist

[edit] typo

Edited by gilthanas

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.