Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

fighting npc's and a cure against bagjumping

well since there are only 3 pk'ing guilds i came up with a idea to pk whenever you want :blush: the fighting npc's put a npc in for example in the arena and when you talk to him you can pick the stats and armour/weapon for him so you can have a nice fight. if you leave the arena the stats will be 0 again so the next one isn't stuck with the stats picked before.

i think it would be great cause most people don't pk and if someone pk's it's mostly someone way stronger then you and if you are stronger they mostly run.

and for the bagjumping idea.

if you drop a bag and the one who bagjumps it can't pick it up and he will get a mssg like "this isn't yours" so you can leave for a sec and come back with ur bag still there

but in pk maps you will lose your deathbag to other players ofcourse.

well since there are only 3 pk'ing guilds i came up with a idea to pk whenever you want  the fighting npc's put a npc in for example in the arena and when you talk to him you can pick the stats and armour/weapon for him so you can have a nice fight. if you leave the arena the stats will be 0 again so the next one isn't stuck with the stats picked before.

i think it would be great cause most people don't pk and if someone pk's it's mostly someone way stronger then you and if you are stronger they mostly run.

and thus giving everyone even MORE combat xp...imho a bad idea, bacause atm its so easy to get att/def xp

even MORE exp?

only thing you can get exp of is monsters and training on them 24/7 becomes boring so a nice fight would be fun once in a while :glare:

i like the idea of having anti-bagjump bags. maybe they couldnt be picked up after 4-5 minutes, but after that, they're fair game.

as for having an npc to fight, i dont like the idea. it could probably work if it gave you 0 exp (as starman_omega said.) so ppl dont just get thousands of exp, without any risk.

Why shouldnt he give you exp?

Maybe you should have to pay him if you want exp.. Like 5gc a minute?

:sneaky:I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA! :blink:

<edit>training is boring :blink: If you want to level it does take a while

Edited by FRoGkiLL

Funny idea about bagjumping, lets have new item, kind of stone or alchemy/potions stuff. You could leave it in your bag and if someone bagjumped it he either:

1. will be hit by 100mp

2. will change colour to very, very bright pink/green

3. Other nice and pleasent signs of being bagjumper

About NPC - I don't think it would be good idea. Getting a/d esperience IS easy (not only monsters, but also pvp). After update there will be lots of new spawn for fighters so.. no reason to add fighting NPC.

regards

vanyel

Far Out...great idea!!!!!! or rather idea's as both are good.....oh and Hardcore??

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :hiya:

182197[/snapback]

you just say no cause i pk you >.>

and there will be more spawns i know but will there be more monsters too?

cause training 24/7 on the same monster every day/week/months is boring you know?

both offer are very good i think

i saw a lot of mmorpg games have that antibagjump(only owner of bag can take it)

also we need fighting npc

there must be an npc fighter that player writes that stats need to train

it maybe more exp to get more high stats

but everytime it mus be expensive like 100gc min and more

Funny idea about bagjumping, lets have new item, kind of stone or alchemy/potions stuff. You could leave it in your bag and if someone bagjumped it he either:

1. will be hit by 100mp

2. will change colour to very, very bright pink/green

3. Other nice and pleasent signs of being bagjumper

181215[/snapback]

then what about players like me who will bagsit for a friend who was killed by a high lvl monster and the friend wants me to bring it to him in ip by the fire? if the color thing was put ingame once i pick up his bag i would be considered a bag jumper and lose my good rep or if the 100mp took place i would lose my inventory also not to mention my friend's bag.

i personally think it is a bad idea to put a fighting npc ingame because people would use him and gain uber a/d exp no matter how much he costed.

Edited by jrritter31984

I don't like either idea. First with the npc, if he gives xp then it would be just like giving away free attack def and oa xp. It would be fine if he didn't give exp and people used him only for fun or to test their skills.

For the bagjumping idea, it destroys the whole point of bags which is that anyone can pick them up. Bagjumping is part of the game. It has been said many times before but apparrently people haven't been paying attention, don't put anything in a bag that you aren't willing to lose.