Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Some things to think about before writing more!

--get more gods into these stories. All I ever hear about is Aluwen this, Aluwen that..and Mortos too :D If you want to add the gods into your stories, put some of the other ones in..so we at least know their names :)

--write more about specific places, even landmarks, in the game. So after reading the story you can say.."hey that's the place i read about where ......happened!"

--there's also 6 races, try writing a story about some of the new races(but make sure you read their descriptions on the races page first!).

Already gotcha on that roja. Writing a compilation series about members of the vermor family. Am including the abandoned shipyard in grubani, the flickering tile on the dock in TD (if that hasn't been fixed yet, hoping it hasn't), the city of tirnym, probably a statue at forest of the fall, maybe the beaches of portland, and perhaps some sort of trip to the other continent (speaking of which, can i get some sort of map of it so if i do that), i have a few other ideas in the hopper about nordcarn, the carmien mansion + town. All the gods are included, i just have to start working on them all. I've gotten 2 under way (one going on the 20th page!).

I prolly have enough for a book! LOL! Perhaps i'm getting a little ahead of myself.

I'm willing to work with anyone on stories if they need help with ideas and such. I'm not to bad on editing others work (though i smell with my own).

I just kinda wanted to let those watching this thread to know what i have going on, since i have big ideas in my little head.

Hey great Quinticus!

I'm gogin to start getting more involved in these storylines as time permits, so hopefully we can finally get the ball rolling here, and it's good to know that i'll have an active story writer! :)

Pardon my lack of EL knowledge..but what is TD? :rollseyes:

And if you want to write a book, you're fully welcome to do so! My dream is to one day have book series for EL! (not that it's very likely to be published or something..but ya never know ;))

Its great to hear that you're going to get more involved with storylines! It'll be good to have you looking over our work as well as chariste.

TD is tarharaji (pardon spelling) desert.

I'm more than willing to give it a try, i doubt a compilation book would have much success publication. However, that does not mean that i couldn't compress the stories together in some way. Time will tell on this one. Once i get my life into some kind of order, i'll be able to devote much more time to writing.

If you need anyhelp in getting involved in the storylines section, let me know and i'll try to help in any way that i can.

And you can get almost anything published now adays, you just gotta find the right people to do it. Whether it sells or not...that's completely different. But i'm sure theres a target audience of however many play EL and those are likely to play.

Edited by Quinticus

well for now let's stick to making ebooks ;) hehehe

What I want to do first of all, and what Chariste has started to do, is take all the good stories in this forum and make them official, or just leave them here as unfinished or not workable for EL.

I already replied to a few, and I think all or most of those are good, so i'll get them up on the website hopefully tonight.

So for right now there's nothing specific I need, but if so I'll let ya know, thanks :)

Edit: btw, feel free to post your wip's!

**Saving posts**

K thanks! I just didn't want to have to rewrite later to shorten. I don't know that i could part with some of my work! ;)

Edited by Quinticus

And like I've said before..."And if you want to write a book, you're fully welcome to do so!"

iow, the length is irrelevant ;)