Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bathory

A Few Minor Changes

First, a few minor things that should be fixed up:

- Mira, the potion seller, should sell only up to 36 potions per sale, seeing's this is the only amount that a player can hold in their inventory (potions are not stackable). It is currently impossible to buy more than that amount, so I don't know why the options for up to 1000 are there.

This goes for a few other NPC's that have options that can't really be used.

- When harvesting, Mother Nature should only give damage according to the player's hp. Players that are too low in hp sometimes get killed in 1 blow, and even middle-ranged players find themselves dead in 3 attacks. So Mother Nature should deal less for lower hp players, and more when players have high hp.

- Text in the quest log should be different colours for the different NPC's recorded in the log. Sometimes it get's confusing reading through a big bunch of same-colored text. But maybe this was intended to make it hard, not sure... :D

- The flower shop in VOTD should buy more than just 200 flowers at one time. I know a lot of players use the lilacs and lupines to sell to the shop in VOTD, to get quick cash. A lot of players have over this amount in EMU, so it would feel right if they could sell more than 200 at a time. I suggest an option to sell up to at least 600.

Secondly, a few minor things that should be implemented:

- A taunt's/actions system should be implemented, just to make things a bit more wacky and exciting. There should be an extra little tab down the bottom just for this. These actions would jsut be a collection of animations that you can select to display your mood/desire. EG) You select a "Pump Fist" action, and you're character does a animation of pumping his fist in the air (would look extremely cool after killing someone in a contest or fight). These taunts/actions could vary.

- Players should be able to have their own profile card in-game, which other players could view. Kind of like the profiles we have on these forums, but cooler. In-game, players could type in things to their profile, which other players could then have a look at.

- There should be a #walk() command, to take the user automatically to the coordinates they desire. Would make it easier to get materials that are at specific coordinates. Eg) #walk 62,251, and the player walks to 62,251. I know this suggestion's a bit hazy, so I don't mind if no one likes it.

And that's it. I'm sure there are other things that wanted to be changed, but I can't remember them now.

Ah well, please reply with your compliments/critisicm/comments. I'd be happy to discuss these ideas further.

Edited by Badwog

- A taunt's/actions system should be implemented, just to make things a bit more wacky and exciting. There should be an extra little tab down the bottom just for this. These actions would jsut be a collection of animations that you can select to display your mood/desire. EG) You select a "Pump Fist" action, and you're character does a animation of pumping his fist in the air (would look extremely cool after killing someone in a contest or fight). These taunts/actions could vary.

I'd like that, it would add some fun to the game. But I don't think it's a "minor thing", at least considering the work to be done.

- There should be a #walk() command, to take the user automatically to the coordinates they desire. Would make it easier to get materials that are at specific coordinates. Eg) #walk 62,251, and the player walks to 62,251. I know this suggestion's a bit hazy, so I don't mind if no one likes it.

I'd really like that one. It would also make it a lot easier to recover your deathbag. Just go back to the map you died, type in the coordinates and walk to where you died. Of course, you have to know the coordinates, but you can get them by clicking on the compass and checking the console windows if you die. No more guessing where to go and adjusting the walking direction when you get there.

I'd really like that one.

<sarcasmYah that would be awsome</sarcasm>

and dev should lso implement #harvest(x,y) and #store(what,how much) so we all could install a script based marco and type:

#walk(50,145)

#harvest(51,145)

#walk(145,250)

#storage(chrysantemum,500)

#walk(50,145)

#harvest(51,145)

#walk(145,250)

#walk(50,145)

#harvest(51,145)

#walk(145,250)

#walk(50,145)

#harvest(51,145)

#walk(145,250)

seriously i dont think its a good idea to implement walk command.

- Text in the quest log should be different colours for the different NPC's recorded in the log. Sometimes it get's confusing reading through a big bunch of same-colored text. But maybe this was intended to make it hard, not sure... :blink:

Agreed. Right now, the Log is just about useless late in the game because of how difficult it is to read. At the very least, each conversion should be seperated and spaced out a little.

A taunt's/actions system should be implemented, just to make things a bit more wacky and exciting. There should be an extra little tab down the bottom just for this. These actions would jsut be a collection of animations that you can select to display your mood/desire. EG) You select a "Pump Fist" action, and you're character does a animation of pumping his fist in the air (would look extremely cool after killing someone in a contest or fight). These taunts/actions could vary.

I like this one but it's hardly a priority.

- Players should be able to have their own profile card in-game, which other players could view. Kind of like the profiles we have on these forums, but cooler. In-game, players could type in things to their profile, which other players could then have a look at.

This one I like a lot because I suggested this one long ago. There should be a Server based Profiles of Players that could include much more detailed Information about any player in question.

They can't do that because part of the game is to teach Players how to navigate on their own. Player's need to know how to reach places by navigating the map and not just have the game automatically do the work for them.

They can't do that because part of the game is to teach Players how to navigate on their own. Player's need to know how to reach places by navigating the map and not just have the game automatically do the work for them.

Errm, isn't something like this already in the game? I mean, how much different is opening the map and clicking on the spot where you want to go, especially with the elrocks maps? I mean, there already is an autowalking feature in the game, why not give us the ability to autowalk to a specific set of coordinates. If would just use a different kind of user input.

Yeah, I know about Penner's one, that's why I called it #walk instead. :) Not stealing the idea, just wanting to bring it up again.

As for the potions, I mean the ones that aren't stackable should have thier options removed, and also for items from other NPC's which are the same in this way. Would just clean up the game a bit, is all.

And I agree, taunts isn't really a priority, but it would be fun... :(

It'd be easier to navigate a map if you didn't have to constantly click a compass for coordinates. (If a patch has been implemented to show your coords on the hud, then disregard this post. :rolleyes: )

It'd be easier to navigate a map if you didn't have to constantly click a compass for coordinates. (If a patch has been implemented to show your coords on the hud, then disregard this post. :rolleyes: )

Maybe if where you were on the map would show you what coords it is and how many steps it would take to get there.

For the in-game profile, I believe you can pay to have a customized profile pop up when somebody "looks" at you.

But I really like the actions one. (Include a bowing one and an admin command: #bow playername. ;) )

Edited by goatsgomoo