Eternal Lands Official Forums
Alox

Help Compiling On Dev C++

Hi, I am currently trying to compile el on Dev C++ (source from CVS last change dated 09-02-04), and im not having much luck. im using crusadingknight's makefile Here. I did have a few linker errors, but they seem to have dissapeared. Now I have this error :

.drectve `%.*s' unrecognized

If anyone can help me out, it would be appriciated.

Hi, I am currently trying to compile el on Dev C++ (source from CVS last change dated 09-02-04), and im not having much luck. im using crusadingknight's makefile Here. I did have a few linker errors, but they seem to have dissapeared. Now I have this error :

.drectve `%.*s' unrecognized

If anyone can help me out, it would be appriciated.

I think that may be in the libraries...I'll grep (binary) to see...

Anyway, do you remember what those linker errors were?

Edit: Hrm, dllmain.o, libALut, libxml and libbfd all do... ...so either libxml or libALut I would think... was there any other information printed?

No, no other information printed. The linker errors were undefined reference errors, draw_ingame_something cant quite remember excatly what they were though. Ill try replacing the files for libxml and libALut.

I have noticed that even with this error, an EXE is generated, but it crashes straight after running. That happens with your makefile, and letting dev c++ generate one itself.

Hrm, I doubt this has anything to do with makefile generation or even the sourcecode... But this is kind of beyond my area of expertise. <_<

Do you have the e3dlist.txt in your el-directory? If not, get it from CVS ;-)

Im ashamed of myself :P, I have read the programming forum from top to bottom, and have seen that problem before. It works perfectly now, sorry for wasting you guy's time.