Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

Entropy! Read This, Please.

I heard that is 5 mins of work for you to change colours of messages.

So I suggest change colours for following types of messages:

Help requests: http://el.platinum.linux.pl/pics/misc/1.png (Colour like heal spell success message)

Broadcasts: http://el.platinum.linux.pl/pics/misc/2.png (Colour like output of #arm command)

That makes moderators so confused that all of those messages: gms, bcs, and help requests are blue. ;-/

Thanks.

Yes, it's very confusing, being in the middle of a guild discussion, while someone is announcing a competition, with a few #help_me's thrown in along with the random joker message.

A different suggestion: Local chat has two colors: white for the name and yellow for the text itself. Channel messages are like this except for the [ ] around the name. Well, since everything else uses colors, why not vary the color lf the message itself, but keep the name white (or vary the color of the name, and keep the text yellow) instead of the [ ]? So that we could have e.g. white+yellow: local chat. white+bright green: channels. white+magenta: guild messages.

I have a few times been close to telling someone to keep on topic in market channel, before noticing that there were no [ ] around his name, because these look too similar, just like #gm, #help_me and broadcasts do.

How about allowing anyone to change the colors of the sertian text they want to the color they want just by HTML code. All they have to do is add the HTML Code in and Boom. The text changes to that color. XD

1. There is no HTML, this is not a browser-based game.

2. That would require a protocol change, changing the server from sending color codes to send message types instead. And each new kind of message would require a client upgrade, where the current system allows the server to handle that all by itself, and just tell the client which color to put where.

How about allowing anyone to change the colors of the sertian text they want to the color they want just by HTML code. All they have to do is add the HTML Code in and Boom. The text changes to that color. XD

I love it when someone comes along and makes a suggestion without having the first clue about how the system works. I find it very amusing. Especially when they betray their ignorance by trying to sound like they know what they're talking about. It's like when I tell my Mom her computer has a virus and she asks "Does it need more RAM?"

Disclaimer:

a ) I am not making fun on Snow Dew in particular, just that kind of post in general.

b ) I've been guilty of posting the same silly kinds of things elsewhere

c ) My Mom's never said that, but then again her computer's never had a virus.