Eternal Lands Official Forums
WiteNoiz

Knowledge/New Recipes

This was an idea I had this morning, and I haven't been able to find a mention of it in the current suggestions, so apologies if it is there (I searched for "knowledge", "unbuild", "deconstruct").

Anyway...

The first part of this idea may be less popular because it would make learning things slightly harder. I was basically thinking that reading a book is all well and good, but if you wanted to actually build, say, a sword, knowledge is no match to experience.

I realise that trial and error (as current) will work to some extent (hence the failures), but I was thinking about something like this:

You read the book on sword construction and it completes, perhaps you can (as now) build swords with a huge amount of failures, but if you were to get a ready-made sword you could spend effort deconstructing it to it's component pieces.

Basically, you may or may not get pieces from this (depends what other poeple think - could be quite a nice use for all the extra drops you get), but the big boost would be manu exp from finding out how the sword was made - and (in some way) helping reduce the number of sword failures.

That's a rough idea, anyway.

The other use for this system would be that new items could be deconstructed (if found) and the recipes gained from them (or perhaps partially, with an element of failure so that not every component/quantity is revealed for every deconstruction attempt).

I'm sure there are plenty of people who can expand or expel this idea, so fire away :wub:

You read the book on sword construction and it completes, perhaps you can (as now) build swords with a huge amount of failures, but if you were to get a ready-made sword you could spend effort deconstructing it to it's component pieces.

lets take u'r example: if i give u 1 of my swords in IRL can u show me how to deconstruct it to bars, coal and fire and actually learn something about how it was constructed? if u could i'd love to see it - sorry i personally think this is a bad idea unless:

1) u deconstruct items to get materials back (like bars) and even then u would have to use more coal and FEs

2) u would get experience from deconstructing (recycling would b a better word) but only a fraction of what exp u get to make it like maybe 1/10?

doing things that way i think would give more realism to the game, help reduce the flood in the market for those lvling (increasing demand for items even if only by alittle but keeping prices on lower lvl items about the same because during lvling u get some of the materials back w/o having to do AS MUCH harvesting for ores to make metal goods for lvling but for higher lvl items this option would pry not be used because it would cost more to make them) and lower lvl items like furs and leather only losing threads (exept maybe in critical error might either give ppl more profit or might reduce prices slightly because only losing thread in the process but i think it might stabilize the market some in echange for a way to get experience from reducing the surplus in the market