Eternal Lands Official Forums
(Athosino)

Damn New Harvest System

Do you like new harvest system?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like new harvest system?

• Yeah it's great I never used the modded client I love it!!!
    • It's OK.
    • No, I don't like it much, meh modded client was better.
    • IT SUX !!!!
    • I will quite EL when this won't be gone within one week
    • It caused me to quit EL already

There is a system on the test server with improved speed on harvesting, when do we get to see it in the 'real' game?

As it is now, it is just TOO SLOW, it is very boring to have to wait forever to get, say 100 fruits, there is no need for such a chore to take that long (in my opinion), as it wont increase the fun of the game.

Fun things are what you do with the resources, and those things takes time too, so this means that the game is much slower now (except for fighting of course). So in my analysis, this game is turning into a fighting game.

So please speed up harvesting soon, and make it somewhat level-dependant.

i fully agree

Havn't we already had a poll about the harvest changes that got locked.

You are all begining to sound like my 4 year old son who thinks if he whines long enough i will eventually change my mind and buy him that toy he wants. Perhaps that is your plan.

I think the devs have made it pretty clear that this the way the game is going so we have either got to put up and shut up or just leave.

Personally yeah i do think the new harvest system sux, but what does my opinion matter, i have made my choice and accepted the changes and carry on playing so what the heck.

I havnt bothered voting there is no point.

Most people on here just like the whine and complain about it. And we are not going to sacrifice trying to make this game great for a bunch of people who post that they are leaving, with no good suggestions and ideas on how we can fix the situation.

Whine and complein... huh ? no good suggestions and ideas ?

Did anyone of you - creators even see my post in suggestion forum ?

I think not, so how we can expect any suggestion will be considered ? Only thing you leave us is complaining... i had an idea, it wasn't 'ideal' but worthy considering and work with it for a while.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9753

It's been read by most (if not all) of the developers already. In fact, I'm pretty sure all of them have read all of the threads on harvesting. But when half the posts are just flames with no good purpose, can you blame them for being tired out and completely sick/numb to the point of apathy? I can feel it myself - just trying to moderate this Forum meant that I had to go through over 200 posts in at least 10 different threads, all in a matter of days. How do you expect any person to read through all that and not get tired out by it? You try doing it. Read through every single post on the harvesting system in one session, and then by the end of it, try to collate all the ideas coherently.

The more people whine/flame, the more posts the developers have to read. The more posts the developers have to read, the more tired they feel and the less able they are to think and plan coherently. The less time and energy they have to plan, the longer it's going to take for them to implement any new and effective changes. So people (this post really isn't aimed at you, Gen_Axis - it's aimed at the others) Shut Up Already and Let Them Work On It. The more time they have to spend reading your own personal whine and pet peeve, the less time they have to develop good ideas and suggestions.

You would think people would understand that by now.

-Lyn-

P.S. I'm still not sure whether to move this to Flames, or let it stay in General Chat. Keeping it here for now, because of Roja's, Gunslingers' and StKenjutsushi's posts.

Edited by Lyanna

I basically quit el, until it is changed, this is kinda dumb, and the development is on a bad course

STOP MASS PRODUCTION

STOP MARCRO

i get sick and tired of you guys making the game frustratingly hard, the game was fine how it was. Take example from KAL-online, a game doesn't have to be hard to be fun. And i'll be there if any of you need me, if i do drop by it'll prob be on the test server.

EDITS: to not say stupid cause i like some of the devlopers namely learner, wytter, and roja.

Edited by I_am_Spock

The problem I see with StKenjutsushi suggestion is playability. I can't think about someone who would like to make harvesting an ingame profession. It is so tedious. So, IMHO, it either should be very fast or give a good reward and probably be more interactive. This also holds for alchemy. The whack a mole idea isn't bad, but does not eliminate speed problem.

If you want to take speed course, how about increasing harvested amount with the level, so as your level grows higher you will be harvest 10-50 items at once.

To take a reward course, finding rare items or large amounts of money could be implemented again.

in my opinion the guys who quit el just for the harvesting don't deserve this game...

i mean its a beta what do you want :S the devs need to test new stuff and the new stuff has to be tuned a little :S

Yes it is in beta and testing out new stuff like this happens in a beta game and remember is's a FREE game.... hav. just needs to be speeded up on harder stuff.. i love the flower speed now and the fact no more worries about clicking on a bear when using a auto clickers. I'm sure the speeds will get better and be fair for all....

in my opinion the guys who quit el just for the harvesting don't deserve this game...

i mean its a beta what do you want :S the devs need to test new stuff and the new stuff has to be tuned a little :S

Yes it is in beta and testing out new stuff like this happens in a beta game and remember is's a FREE game.... hav. just needs to be speeded up on harder stuff.. i love the flower speed now and the fact no more worries about clicking on a bear when using a auto clickers. I'm sure the speeds will get better and be fair for all....

It's not that harvesting that chased us away, it's hhow the game gets consistently worse. Like i sued to be alcehym all the way then i started fighting, and so on so forth. How you guys harveest doesn't rreally mean a damn to me i was a fighter with around 100k gold in storage and several capes i coudl buy the stuff i need and get it done. The fact that the developer hate everything the makes it fun and lyanna's

"they didn't see the problems" well peopel tend not to see that when they're having FUN, ,oreso then when they are frustrated to hell. Alchemy was no where near as rewarding as fighting even with mass production, and we need mass production in a FANTASY FAKE game. The whoel iedea is that it does'nt take 50 years.

The game top manuer left aftr they added the warps ands damage, and he liekd that stuff. He just felt that the development team was taking the game in the wrong direction. And sicne the game hasn't added anything new, in like 5 months i agree with him, you guys keep trying to screw with hrvest ever sicne the UTI client came up.

If the developers actually noticed games are suppsoed to be "REAL" and have real life economy, mayeb they woudl ahve tiem to raise the fun factor a tad, nto the frustration. I know the lien between challenge and frustration is easy to cross, but you shoudl obviously know some things that are WAY beyond that line.

It's not that harvesting that chased us away, it's hhow the game gets consistently worse. Like i sued to be alcehym all the way then i started fighting, and so on so forth. How you guys harveest doesn't rreally mean a damn to me i was a fighter with around 100k gold in storage and several capes i coudl buy the stuff i need and get it done. The fact that the developer hate everything the makes it fun and lyanna's

"they didn't see the problems" well peopel tend not to see that when they're having FUN, ,oreso then when they are frustrated to hell. Alchemy was no where near as rewarding as fighting even with mass production, and we need mass production in a FANTASY FAKE game. The whoel iedea is that it does'nt take 50 years.

The game top manuer left aftr they added the warps ands damage, and he liekd that stuff. He just felt that the development team was taking the game in the wrong direction. And sicne the game hasn't added anything new, in like 5 months i agree with him, you guys keep trying to screw with hrvest ever sicne the UTI client came up.

If the developers actually noticed games are suppsoed to be "REAL" and have real life economy, mayeb they woudl ahve tiem to raise the fun factor a tad, nto the frustration. I know the lien between challenge and frustration is easy to cross, but you shoudl obviously know some things that are WAY beyond that line.

my words

[EDIT]

I just logged to the game, it's no THAT bad :P

Edited by (Athosino)