Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wardo1926

Hey Im New

Guest wardo1926

i just wanted to say that i look forward to mastering this great rpg and i hope to make new frends on the way! tahnsk to the developers too!

Welcome, wardo! :P

Just some advice when you start out - talk to the Tutorial NPC. He has a lot of useful information for you, about what to do, where to go, how to do things, etc.

Also, join the Newbie Channel. To do this, type #jc 1 . To talk in a channel, type @ before your message. eg. @Like this. You will see that channel messages are shown by player names in [brackets], whereas local talk is shown without brackets.

Lastly, here are some links that might help you:

RULES - Very Important!!

Ravenod's Guide for Newbies

Alastria's EL Manuals

Fred's Guide

Have fun, and explore! :P

-Lyn-

Guest wardo1926

thanks, i do have a couple of questions are there maps for the whole game or the the one when u hit TAB? and what i shte easist way to up my attack/ defence without losing a lot of health?

Each major location has a map, that can be accessed by pressing Tab. Buildings and caves don't have maps (unless you download the player-compiled maps, of course... but I'll leave you to find those out on your own :P) A map for the entire continent can be seen at the maps page of the main website.

Easiest way to level up attack/defence - start eating food straightaway to heal slowly (you'll heal 1 HP per minute as long as your food bar - the 2nd one from the left - is above zero). And then just fight rabbits for now, preferably at full health or close to full health. Be patient :D

-Lyn-

Hi ya and welcome!

Like lyanna said talk to the Tutorial NPC. After running some very easy quest for him u will get leather armor and a iron sword. That will make it much easier to lvl your attack up. :D Btw when he asks u to kill ten rabbits and ten beavers to make it easier just run around and check all the bags on the ground alot of people don't pick up beaver skins.

actually, don't use the sword when trying to level up. the system of gaining exp is something like this:

Attack exp:

experience is decieded by when you hit the animal/monster. the more hits, the more exp per monster.

Deffense exp:

experience is decided when you dodge a hit. the more you dodge, the more exp per monster.

just remember don't go barehanded when trying to fight new animals/monsters.

Complete (I hope) help and info resources for Eternal Lands is posted as a pinned thread on Help Me

forum. So it'd be good to direct all new comes there. Have fun in game wardo.

Regards.

*mumbles something about his newbie faq.*
Sighs feels the same way sometimes... Oh well I just keep adding it after all the other people add there posts, all we can do and I love your guide by the way Goat :D:blink::blink: Catch you later. Wardo I hope all these guides collected together have helped you out enough, if you have any other specific questions feel free to ask.

NeoSeS

Guys, I tried to go to the links for your sites before, so I could post them up, but for some reason, they didn't work, so I couldn't put them up. Believe me, I would have if I could have. (I think my links are old...have to update them. :D)

-Lyn-