Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Soldus

Tanner Quest

as i tried to ask in another thread that got spammed with obsolete complaints about the rollback... :(

- is any1 working on the implementation of the leather thingy (reward for tanner quest)

- can we get the being tp'd while harvesting removed, as pretty much everybody agreed it doesn't help the just cause but impair only honest players , and when ?

- and as we're at it...what did the update do ?

(plz don't start another spam/flame war here, i really wanna know the answers :( )

as i tried to ask in another thread that got spammed with obsolete complaints about the rollback... :(

- is any1 working on the implementation of the leather thingy (reward for tanner quest)

- can we get the being tp'd while harvesting removed, as pretty much everybody agreed it doesn't help the just cause but impair only honest players , and when ?

(plz don't start another spam/flame war here, i really wanna know the answers :( )

that would have been me....

sorry i just.... got pissed off nothing is working with me the last few months then i finaly find a couple people who want 2 help... and THIS happens...

sorry again..

To be honest, there will be a lot of things to do before the tanner quest is implemented. Roja wants to change the theme of the storyline back to medieval, instead of sci-fi, so I need to rewrite the scripts for the earlier 4 quests. After THAT, then we can get started on the tanner quest. :( There are also a few other quest ideas hanging around that I have to deal with. But if you guys really want this one, then I can try to put it on top of the priority list (after the rewrite, of course). No promises that you'll be able to see it anytime within the next month or two, though... sorry. :(:(

New modifications to harvesting/economy are being discussed right now. I guess the tp will stay until we've worked out a better system to handle the economy. Remember, being able to sit at a place for hours and make lots of essences/bars means a unlimited supply of items, which is one of the main things affecting the economy. Much as you might not like it, the tp DOES sort of cut that off a little.

Not sure what the update did (haven't been on the game yet), but I'm guessing it's a bug-fixer rather than a feature-adder.

-Lyn-

thanx Lyanna :(

i think i have not expressed myself very well tho, i was talking about the implementing of buying leather at kelchara for ppl who have completed the (existing) tanner quest, this shouldn't have anything to do with rewriting the quest story...more a (imho simple) programming act.

an annotation to the TPs...they are not suited to help our economy. they just provoke ppl to risk illegal multiplaying (bag sitters) and macroing (auto-walkback).

they do exactly what roja wanted to avoid ---> make macroing MORE worthy.

Roja, mebbe you wanna talk to wytter, i told him about an idea that might actually make macroing (as far as it concerns harvesting) less interesting/obsolete :blink:

and Cicero it would be nice if you posted a small note about updates, even when it's "only" for bugfixes, that might reduce the complaining a lot :P

anyways, it's great to see how much work you all put into our beloved game, it feels like a fresh spirit is at work, keep it up ! :(

Edited by Soldus