Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Phuzion

Your Solution To The Economy

Well, I'll admit it's not perfect and there will be both opposition and flaws to the system at first but I really think that this is an over all better system. After all, it works in Small Communities in real life so I don't see how it couldn't work here.

My idea to help both new players as well as help the over all growing economy would be to Issue each new player a Small Sum at the beginning of his or her journey. Say, new players will be given 10 gold (the exact to be determined) so starting them on their way. This will give new players a start as well to play a small part in introducing new money into circulation to keep up with new players and the growing economy.

One Flaw I see with this idea is some Jerks who'll make multiple accounts, drop their gold, then starting over add more and more gold into the game, regardless of whether or not they get back in time to pick it up. We'll just have to crack down on Multiplayer more. Another issue is to prevent Gold from "Poofing" in bags, since that might remove more gold from circulation then wanted.

Also, a beginner's quest to earn money (not just buying and selling Meat/Furs) would also help new players as well as introduce the needed money to keep the Gold in Circulation.

And yes, I understand your concerns about bringing down the price for items. I merely posted that as an example of a stable economy should function and under ideal circumstances (such as a Reformed Monetary Value), this game would best function like. That's why I also mentioned the idea That Shopkeepers should have a limited amount of Items as well as a limit to the number of one particular item that Shopkeeper will buy any given Hour/Day/Week/Etc instead of just buying/selling that item for More/less. In this particular system, it's highly limits what a player can buy or sell during the course of a Day. Say a player has 50 meat but the shopkeeper only wants to buy 20 of them for the time being. Sometimes, a player would need to wait an hour before he/she could sell off that load of Meat. This isn't such a bad idea to keep the influx of money into circulation down. It also means that sometimes a player is going to have to be carrying around an extra few EMU of weight for a while, unless he/she decides to store it. Which brings me to another point. Just to improve on this design, All things are going to need to be storable and all things are going to need to be Sellable. It can only work if they were.

Also, on a side note, I don't much like the fact that the game measures gold in fractions. Mathematically, it's just not sound and it's bad businessmanship. This is only course, only my opinion and not part of my suggestion.

That Shopkeepers should have a limited amount of Items as well as a limit to the number of one particular item that Shopkeeper will buy any given Hour/Day/Week/Etc instead of just buying/selling that item for More/less. In this particular system, it's highly limits what a player can buy or sell during the course of a Day. Say a player has 50 meat but the shopkeeper only wants to buy 20 of them for the time being. Sometimes, a player would need to wait an hour before he/she could sell off that load of Meat. This isn't such a bad idea to keep the influx of money into circulation down. It also means that sometimes a player is going to have to be carrying around an extra few EMU of weight for a while, unless he/she decides to store it. Which brings me to another point. Just to improve on this design, All things are going to need to be storable and all things are going to need to be Sellable. It can only work if they were.

Yes you are coming from the right idea. But this limit would need to be capped per person to make it fair. This would take away from its sense of actual life but who needs that.

Im working on a good bit of major ideas that will eventually create a more stable economy.

Ill list a few of my ideas ive started writing a layout for.

"each of these ideas will have a post in the suggestions before long"

New guild reform

New magic system

more to come. i dont have any clear ideas for the rest of the stuff i wish to see.

on an early post I saw it reffered to beaver furs. I assume this was when you traded them for instinct. I was trading them to I think it whitediablo for equips I got an alch cloak for avout 280 of them. So the rich became lazy and paid newish peopel like me to get them the furs ;):D:)

the economy is pretty good as it is ihmo.

we need more income for manufacturers and crafters (not too much, but at least make them profit at all :D)

we need less income for PKers/high lvl fighters

but most of all we need a money drain, as hundreds of ppl already stated :)

how about rented houses ? (been said a zillion times before, i know :D )

phuzion, dont worry to mutch with the magic right now as its planed for a rework anyways (something about schools and so on). what we have right now is a leftover from the old economy as magic was never realy in entropys interest. in fact i belive that if he could he would have left it out. he didnt want it to become a powerhouse that would overtake the fighters. and i can kinda understand that. but as he have handed over the controls of this game to other people only time will tell how it will develop.