Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dorplein

Invasion Of Monsters (Ent/Roja Please React)

Would you want this?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want this?

• Yes
    • No

My idea is that somethimes there would be an outbreak of mosters. I mean somethimes there would suddenly be a moment when you see a red message:"The *some monsters* are atacking in *some place*, Grab you weapons to kill them". They could move from map to map until they are stopped. There should be some sort of map where you would be safe (IP??). These monsters should be well balanced. This would make the game far more interesting I think. These monsters could maybe have some sort of ant system controling them. I know this is a lot of work and this could be a long term project. Maybe Roja could make a new race. This would only be the enemy. This invasion shouldn't happen to often cause then it would be anoying. I would like to see a reaction here and please vote the poll.

The there should be some sort of system that they would not attack stronger players and only attack weaker players and move on to the next map to proceed with their invasion.

I'm WORKING on it, I'm WORKING on it! <_<

To be more specific, I'm busy writing the scripts for an event that is something like this. Just be patient, though...it takes a lot of time and preparation. ;)

-Lyn-

yeah, roja did mention this same idea a few months ago =)

Yes but I'm not only thinking about an event, I'm thinking about an invasion every once and a while. And maybe then there could also be a map/a few maps owned by this race/these monsters.

cool .. i can't wait.

about the original ideea, only if it's an announced event. not everybody is (or wants to be) a fighter, and having monsters run around votd for example all day long would be annoying to some people.

about the original ideea, only if it's an announced event. not everybody is (or wants to be) a fighter, and having monsters run around votd for example all day long would be annoying to some people.
This invasion shouldn't happen to often cause then it would be anoying.

It would be pretty nifty to see a group of goblins, maybe trolls or something? moving around in large groups splattering people as they go.

Yes or a whole new race...this would fit more in the stroryline

Oh and I have another Idea...Make it so that they all have different stats so that you won't know how strong they are

and when these monsters attack, they should drop reallllly rare items that they bring from where ever they are attacking from, and attack with magic swords, just not drop those

Yes or a whole new race...this would fit more in the stroryline

Oh and I have another Idea...Make it so that they all have different stats so that you won't know how strong they are

Do you mean adding a whole new monster or adding a new race that is chaotic in this sense?

wouldn't mind fighting off the odd pirate invasion...

after doing the quests i went hunting for their stronghold ne of portland and was rather disappointed to find nothing there ;)

well i suggested this erlyer and would like to see it perhaps ants as well as monsters and n00bs must run and hide in houses as they wont enter [warning messages] ..until its over ..plced on none pk maps sometimes ...

and may b top 3 killers get a prize or chance to go on a heros quest for some goodies .... or reports sometimes that they will invade at a point in 30 minz or so every heavy can get ready for the war and get down there...have a row of EL fighters vs ants and monsters..etc

or have owned land were all elfs invade and island/map and all humans and dwafs conquer land wich then they have extra abilaties in there land ... when ever theres a calling for it etc :-D

gohsts/elementals could be a good idea also wich you can only kill with magic etc ..

as i have not seen any elemental monsters of wich u need like fire or water to kill were a sword does no damage or extreemly little etc would be good in my opin to mix it up a bit so if u need some one to take u thro a cave with gohst u need a mage and a fighter mage protects fighter and viservurser can be handy and interduce more co~op style

well i suggested this erlyer and would like to see it perhaps ants as well as monsters and n00bs must run and hide in houses as they wont enter [warning messages] ..until its over ..plced on none pk maps sometimes ...

and may b top 3 killers get a prize or chance to go on a heros quest for some goodies .... or reports sometimes that they will invade at a point in 30 minz or so every heavy can get ready for the war and get down there...have a row of EL fighters vs ants and monsters..etc

or have owned land were all elfs invade and island/map and all humans and dwafs conquer land wich then they have extra abilaties in there land ... when ever theres a calling for it etc :-D

gohsts/elementals could be a good idea also wich you can only kill with magic etc ..

as i have not seen any elemental monsters of wich u need like fire or water to kill were a sword does no damage or extreemly little etc would be good in my opin to mix it up a bit so if u need some one to take u thro a cave with gohst u need a mage and a fighter mage protects fighter and viservurser can be handy and interduce more co~op style

No I don't want special things from it. Thats another advantage for fighters. and it shouldn't be anounced to early. Maybe just something like:"The Monsters Are Spotted In KF".

I remember this discussion from back several Months before I quit playing for a while. Back then, nobody like the idea cause no one liked the idea of Battles that they can't control or the idea of being caught on the map at the time of the battle completely unprepared

Anyway, Events like these shouldn't only be limited to Monsters. I like the idea of a Map being overrun with a Plague of Rats and/or Rabbits! They don't need to be Hostile. Like, 50 Rabbits just suddenly Spawn in different places in VotD. Killing them doesn't cause them to respawn, they are just erased. Ok, so 50 may cause a bit of a lag for most players.