Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
princessarora

Essence

Ok, something's been bothering me for a long time now and i haven't said anything about it. But it's eating away at me so i'm going to say it........Here it goes.

I have noticed that the majority of players who are making health essence and fire essence are selling them for 3.5 - 4 gp's each. I can't understand why. Maybe most players who make and sell them don't realize that in Grahams Village they sell for 9 and 10gp's each.. Why are people who spend so much of their time making these things selling them for basically the same price as you would get if you were to take them to Grahams Village and sell them there? Maybe if players who are making them raised their prices a little more, they would make more money for all the work they did because no one would sell them for less.......And ya i know it's a trek to go to Grahams Village to sell them but i just sold 4000 health essence there because no way am i selling them for 3.5 gp's each to a player when i just spent hours and hours making them. I know that 3.5gp's each is half more then what you get at Grahams Village, but i don't care. The economy sucks and i think this is part of a way to raise it a little so players can compete and buy things they need.......and besides it is only half a gp more......point made.

I can't understand why. Maybe most players who make and sell them don't realize that in Grahams Village they sell for 9 and 10gp's each..

Well, i don't agree. If fire essence will cost something about 9 gc each, i doubt, anybody will buy them. For example, i am making sheapest to make (IMHO) metal - iron bars. I need a lots of money and exp, so i am making a lot of them, and sometimes nobody is interested in them, so i have to sell them to NPC, who buys them for 25gc. Each iron bar requires 2 fire essences (the smallest amount of them for 1 metal bar), 3 coal and 7(!) iron ore, who weight 4 per piece. Of course, i am not taking this iron ore to storage, but anyway, it takes a long time to make good amount of iron bars, which i could offer to buy to somebody. If fire essence will cost 10 gc, i would get only 5 gc per iron bar. And for this i'll have to harvest 3 coal, 7 iron ore, 1 vegetable (aproximely). Why i have to work so hard for such little amount of money, if i can get them per 5 secs, collecting and selling lilacs in flower shop in votd? :-) Of source, i am not speaking about other metal bars, who would cost terrible money. For example, titanium bar needs 8 fire essences and is selled for 60 gc. So, what a point to buy fire essences, when making them by himself increases profit at last in 400% (5gc vs 25gc)? :o

erikas you did not read my first post properly. I said " to buy essence in grahams village would cost a player 9 - 10 gp's each." So my question is, why are players who go though all the work making them charging so little as 3.5 - 4gp's each? When they could be charging 5 or 6 gp's per each essence and that's still considered cheat compared to 9 - 10gp's you would pay in grahams village.

Well princess the trouble is that a player would rather make then him/her self than pay more than they have been. A flood of fire ess did come after the plate armor was introduced and ever since they have sold for crap. Economy sucks and probably always will. How is it that people can be prevented from selling cheap? They pretty much can't be. Just my two cents.

To be honest i think the prices for the fire essences is just right.

Everybody can make them (no chance of failure), they use just 1 food.

It's easy to get the ingredients.

Pretty much everybody does make them now, if only for the chance to get an efe, and on average that efe chance adds about 0.5g to an efe's value (1g with artificier).

So fe making profits are actually 4-5g if you include the efes.

If you sell them for 5-6g then simply noone would buy.

Now i think the healing essences should have bigger prices, because they require higher alchemy level, you can fail, you use up more food, ingredients are slightly harder to get, no big bonus from enhanced essences, etc.. but considering you can use up quite a lot of them doing magic, people aren't going to pay that much...

Anyway, that's supply and demand for you... too much supply "ruins the economy", and there's no way you're going to make people buy at the prices that you want.

Now if you want to blam ruining the economy on somone blame them on (some) of the seller bots owners. I mean some have the decency to sell at the market or above prices, but some just sell bulk at dumping prices... that is something that could/should be somewhat enforced. I personally am going to boycott any bot that does that, i'm not going to encourage such monopolistic behaviour.

ok well you know what? If that's the case and i have to sell the essence i took so long to make to a player for the same amount of gp's as what would be given to me if i sold them in the magic shop, then i'll just go there and sell them. No way am i going to sell them to players for the same price as i would sell them for in the magic shop. Making the trip to grahams village and selling them there is not so tedious.

Well, I mostly make fe, and I charge 4gcs each, or slightly less for larger quantities. I think this is fair, as they are very easy to make. I will not sell for any less than this though, for the same reason as princess. But seriously, I dont see your problem. With some patience in the market channel, you can gat fair prices.

No, i agree with you Alox. 4gp's is not too much or too little to ask for fire essence. They are easy to make. However, it takes alot more food and time to make health essence and they are being sold by players for the same amount as fire essence (3.5 - 4gp's). I personally think that's undercharging. It's hard to make money in this game when players are charging so little.

Well I usually pay 5gc for health essences and sometimes even more but if someone offers to sell me for 4gc I'm not going to argue their price.

The thing is, on normal day I use around 2k of health essences and if the price is too high for them, I need to sell almost all the really rare drops I get. I would rather give atleast some of the stuff to my guildies and friends for free than sell them..

But where do you need the money anyway, if ppl are willing to pay only 15k for serp book and a lot less for a serp?? <_<