Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jebus

How about this ..

I think there should be big wars, where monsters attack towns (all except IP since that is where the newbies start) and it's up to the players to stop them.

Or make a map where the town is attacked a few times a day and see how the players handle it :P

Okay, maybe that would be really hard (with the scripted events and such) but I think it would kick hella ass

:twisted:

Indeed, live events would be nice and already suggested many times. I just can't remember what were the reasons they can't be made, could be the bandwith but not sure.

But it would kickass if like 500 orcs would attack whitestone city and they would come as groups with variations of the levels, like the head orc would have huge toughness so it wouldn't take that much damage and have some kickass hp so it would be hard to kill even for the skilled players. Or a horde of skeletons leave the tit mines to attack portland and team up with goblins from naralik etc etc. They all sound really cool but sadly they can't be implemented due to reason i can't recall if there was given out a reason why they can't do this.

I'm almost 100% sure that it was mentioned and can not be implemented (thou i think it was result to effort being made rate problem :? )

Anyway from time to time a boat in one of the ports could appear: DP or Portland. It's captain would be looking for mercenaries/recruits etc. to help defend his homeland/island.

The boat would simply take you to the map of the event...

Yeah, I figured that most of this stuff couldn't be done due to bandwith,effort etc. Just dreaming :)

I like the boat idea Quell had. And Flexo's "Orc Horde" idea ;)

Maybe have the boat come and various things can happen like pirates attack (undead pirate ships, human pirates) and then the survivors finally get to the area of interest (being the island, country) underseige and that's when the fun starts!

That would be sooooo freakin cool!

:twisted:

Live events would be fucking awesome, too bad they can't get ingame, would get me back to play EL :P

You'll never know what happens in a few months... Like, what's Learner planing? Attack of the ants, maybe? Let them get a little stronger, give them a goblin outfit - or even a completely new monster.

(I don't know anything about his plans, just thinking some random thoughts).

Yeah, those ants always freaked me out lol

But the attacks would kick major ass.

Anyway from time to time a boat in one of the ports could appear: DP or Portland. It's captain would be looking for mercenaries/recruits etc. to help defend his homeland/island.

The boat would simply take you to the map of the event...

Yeah, that would be cool

Maybe have the boat come and various things can happen like pirates attack (undead pirate ships, human pirates) and then the survivors finally get to the area of interest (being the island, country) underseige and that's when the fun starts!

That would be sooooo freakin cool!

The strength of the skeletons would have to be proportional to your attack/defense ratings.

But it would kickass if like 500 orcs would attack whitestone city and they would come as groups with variations of the levels, like the head orc would have huge toughness so it wouldn't take that much damage and have some kickass hp so it would be hard to kill even for the skilled players. Or a horde of skeletons leave the tit mines to attack portland and team up with goblins from naralik etc etc. They all sound really cool but sadly they can't be implemented due to reason i can't recall if there was given out a reason why they can't do this.

Only after you have already competed a few of these events first, and DEFINITELY NOT WHITESTONE. (Make a whole new map for the event, preferrably an island.):D

So, if we use this, it would definitely make the game more interesting.

You'll never know what happens in a few months... Like, what's Learner planing? Attack of the ants, maybe? Let them get a little stronger, give them a goblin outfit - or even a completely new monster.

I've already waited quite a few months :roll:

I've already waited quite a few months :roll:

i am tired of waiting =(

Same here.

At least if big attacks can't be done, how about little monster raids? Like a group of 4-5 orcs (or whatever) can sneak into town, wreak a little havoc, until people team up to stop them...