Sign in to follow this  
Tumaros

Sea Travel

Do you like the ideas?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the ideas?

• Yes, they're great!
    • Yeah
    • Yes and no...(if so then what? Post below)
    • Not really
    • Not at all

I was wondering...this came on by a post here...about the possiblities of sea travel in the game, as opposed to the teleport system we have now. It would definetely add to originality, and I think it would be a cool addition if it was possible.

Ok...here are my theories...

YOU (as in, your char alone) can only use a rowboat. There could possibly be a rental rowboat at every area that must be moved back and forth or resets once the person reaches the other side.

If you are planning on a bigger, longer trip, maybe a journey with some friends, or maybe even looking for some pirating fun (GROG!) then you would have to either rent or buy a ship, varying in size. Obvously, the bigger, the sturdier, the stronger. To use a ship, you must either have friends at the oars or whatever you use for power, or buy npcs for a certain amount of money that row automatically. These can also range in skill...the stronger, the more expensive.

Below is a table of the advantages and disadvantages of each possible ship (using all the types I have seen in game)...

ROWBOAT

Advantages: Faster, cheaper to rent out and buy, only requires your power

Disadvantages: Cannot travel as far, limited supplies, only one person (maybe two) fit per use

SMALL SHIP

Advantages: Fastest of the ships, therefore the cheapest, requires few people to use

Disadvantages: Lowest endurance of all the ships, weak defense, few cannons (or whatever the weapon of choice, also varying in price)

MEDIUM SHIP

Advantages: Average speed and price, average to good defense

Disadvantages: Average is not always a good thing...it's caught in the middle between best and worst, so it can vary sometimes

LARGE SHIP

Advantages: Highest endurance, amazing defense and excellent attack, fits the most cannons/other, great cargo space

Disadvantages: Slowest, requires a LOT of manpower, extremely high price

Then, of course, these can divide into subsections even further...Personal Cruiser (would be a bit better than a small ship, but even weaker (no weapons/defense), Luxury Vessel (which would be a more expensive version of a medium ship), Pirate Ship (a bit smaller than a Large Ship, with same attributes, but more expensive...plus the added 100 gold fee for the skull and crossbones flag :P ) You get the idea.

Of course, I'm gonna find out that ship travel isn't possible and I wrote all this for nothing :D But if it is, and you need a person for ideas, give me a holler :D

Excellent idea, however, it'd probably be months and months until that were possible but it would so kick ass...

Ok...I was bored last night, so I came up with more ideas for boats...this time NPC dialogue and processes...

PROCESSES:

Rowboat - just click on the boat (turns into use icon, like door)...commands and animations change, boat returns to home port at departure. For example: Say you’re on Isla Prima and you want to use the rowboat to get to White Stone. You go to the docks and click on the rowboat...sit down, and arms “appear†to be at oars, or if possible animations change to show “rowing.†Once you reach White Stone and get off the boat, the rowboat automatically reappears at the Isla Prima docks (White Stone has it’s own rowboat).

Shipyards - NPC DIALOGUE:

NPC at shipyard, click on him, responds according to shipyard type:

1. Essential/Common shipyard: “Hello, [name], and welcome to my shipyard! What can I help you with?â€

2. Fancy/Luxury shipyard: “Welcome to [npc’s] Luxury Vessels, [name]! How may we assist you?â€

3. Rough/Pirate shipyard: “Arr, matey, welcome to me shipyard! How can I help ye?â€

NPC options (after opening dialogue):

1. Essential

-Buy a ship

Ships: Small vessel, medium vessel, large vessel

-Sell a ship

-Rent a ship *While talking, tells how many in-game days they want to rent it, and when it reaches the end of this time the ship disappears

Ships: same types as buy

-Repair a ship

Repair amount: 25%, 50%, 75%, whole ship

-Customize a ship (See customizations below for details)

Customizations: Flag, Banner, Paint job

-Just passing through

2. Luxury

Basically the same except more expensive and...

Ships: Private vessel (small, joyriding), Cruise ship (travel in style between areas), Luxury Vessel (titanic-esque)

Customizations: Flag, Banner, Custom Sails, Paint Job, Figurehead, Name

3. Pirate

Basically the same except better in combat and...

Ships: Cargo (more load, less combat skills), Booty (enhanced cargo ship, better in combat), Pillage (small but fast), Plunder (average pirate ship), Destroyer (slower, but excels in combat), Black Death (the “titanium serpent†of ships, fast, amazing combat, great load, and bragging rights, but requires many people and is HORRIFYINGLY expensive...)

Customizations: Flag, Banner, Paint job, Figurehead

Customizations:

Note...(L) = Luxury vessels only, (P) = Pirate ships only

Flag - different colors, current EL ship banners, things that say EL or Eternal Lands (L), Jolly Roger (P)

Banner - same options as flag

Paint job - various colors, certain reserved “luxury shades†like chrome or gold (L), “stealth†blends in good during the night, possibly pure black? (P)

Custom Sails (all L only) - different sail “foldsâ€, same options as paint job

Name (all L only) - if possible, your own name, and if not, names from a list

*Note...names are automatic on pirate ships

Figurehead - the more expensive, the more beautiful (or whatever)

:) I was REALLY bored.

'Course, I'm gonna find out that doing all this is impossible, and I wrote all this for nothing *groan*

...that's the whole idea why I wrote this, gate...it's all player controlled! What purpose would pirate ships be if you could not attack other ships? :D Otherwise, if it was all by teleport, I'd say keep it the way it is now (which IMO can be improved...see above :wink: )