Eternal Lands Official Forums
Infect

Problems connecting

Hi,

The IP I am posting from use to not be able to play EL unless I used Learner's Proxy Service. This IP is my college's IP in my dorm. Last week, I moved back in and for some reason, was able to log on EL without the proxy! This was amazing. I went home this weekend and came back tonight. I tried logging on and I log into game, but as soon as I log in, I disconnect. I can see my char and what is around me and everything, but it is like I am not keeping connection. I tried on a couple chars and both had the same problem. To be honest, I am not sure why I could play without proxy last week due to me having to purchase it before. The only thing I can possibly come up with is the server change, but I dont know anything about that.

I am not crashing or anything, but if for some reason EL is blocked by the school again, I will just get the proxy service. I am posting here to see if it is something else first.....

So, any ideas?

Cyrus

Well it's hard to guess, but you could use tools like wireshark to check what's going on.

How the connection is closed etc ...

(Well i know that these tools are not that easy to understand/operate)

It's weird that you can see yourself loged in, that means that you are able to send and receive at least some data, so it's not a classic firewall problem.

It looks more like the connections is closed after sending/receiving some data.

Is it not possible that your connection getting broken in the process ? Like a client reconnecting to an access point ?

Also try to run mtr program as described by Korrode here http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54388

This IP address use to block port 2000. I am not sure why it use to work and now it doesnt. Well, It still works, but I don't know why I immediately disconnect. What will the MTR program do to help me solve this?

Ok....now they must have just blocked the website.... I can't access it through the school now.... So I am not sure what to do. They just updated the security at school, so I am thinking they are just firewalling everything... they also blocked fb games as well.... Ok so the question is, will the proxy service fix this? I have had it before and its just because they blocked port 2000, but this is ridiculous. I can log in but it immediately disconnect....so I don,t know if it will work or not. I would love to test and see if Learner would be willing. I don,t want to send in the money if it isn't going to work.

It's extremely unlikely that port 443 would be blocked, but if you forum PM Learner and ask real nice like he might be willing to give you a day or 2 trial to ensure it works. :>

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.