Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tumaros

Chili...or chilly?

Bear with me here, I'm having a Tuma moment.

Well, you see, it all began in school (where all great things begin...note: great doesn't always mean enjoyable...)

A friend (we'll call him Bob)...(oh by the way he's worse than I am when it comes to randomness)...(Fishin-hoglin? Seir'sijuus!)...(ok enough with the para...paren...parant...peranth...ummm these thingys "()")

Where was I? Oh yeah...Bob and I (boy do I feel stupid calling him Bob, but hey, there's a reason HIPPA was created, eh? ...oh wait, HIPPA only applies in hospitals...screw this...anyway...) were walking through the halls, and someone had opened a door and of course it was rather cold. Bob made the remark that "It [was] chilly," which is odd because I have never heard him say the word "chilly" in his life. I looked at him with you know one of those strange looks :mrgreen: ...like that. He ducked into the girls bathroom and I waited outside impatiently as I was harassed by a hoard of first graders and sent to the office for littering. That's our school.

Ok, kidding. At least, after the "chilly" part. Which brings me to the purpose of this whole post (which is NOT SPAM! Right? Onward march for Pittsburg High! What a gay school song. Makes me wanna shoot myself, or educate fellow Eternal Landers on the troubles that Bob and I faced which included him saying chilly which leads me to the topic again...)

I told ya I'm having a Tuma moment...and for those oldbies who know me...this is one of those baaaad Tuma moments. I've just needed to get this off of my back since it drove my friend and me craaaazeeee...

Sorry, sorry, I'll try and stay on topic. But...(haha I said but)...isn't this offtopic? HAHA! Got you there Mr. "I'm gonna delete this post"!!! Take that! Razz! Tongue-sticking-out! Homestarrunner.com!

All right, so he said it was "chilly" and of course, we're the types of people who hold...(quote)"interesting"(quote) conversations, quite like the one below...(from now on, he's A and I'm T...get with the program, boy!/girl!...)

A: "It's chilly in here."

T: "Did you just say 'chilly'?"

A: "Yeah, I don't know why though..."

T: "I think you're going sane..."

A: "Yeah...not a good thing."

T: "Nope."

A: "Why do we say 'chilly'?"

T: "Huh?"

A: "I mean, isn't chili hot?" (note, keep in mind this is all spoken, therefore "chilly" sounds like "chili")

T: (Noticing a hot girl going by) "Yeah...chili's hot...and a couple other things as well...hey baby..."

*SLAP*

A: "Sorry I had to slap you like that...but you were about to run into that poor innocent halfling."

T: "That's a first-grader...you've been playing D&D too much..."

A: "I am addicted, I slapeth myself (*slap*)."

T: "Good. But you had a point earlier..."

A: "I did?"

T: "I don't know, but let's say you did...oh yeah, about the chili/chilly thing."

(Now we're getting to the whole point of this seemingly pointless post)

A: "Oh yeah...but isn't that true? Why do we say something's 'chilly', if 'chili' is hot?"

T: *Five minute break to scratch his head* "Yeah...chili's hot, but chilly's cold...why don't we just say cold? In fact...why did you say 'chilly' in the first place? You never say chilly!"

A: "Yeah, I don't know why though..."

T: "I think you're going sane..."

A: "Yeah...not a good thing."

At this point this is starting to seem like a record played in reverse at 33 instead of 16 or whatever.

But he has a valid point...and for homework tonight, class, if you're still with me...I would like a two-paragraph essay on the discovery of America and why oh why Hitler didn't take up telemarketing. Size 12, times new roman, double spaced. Oh, and I would like a root-beer float.

Don't you hate it when you're faced with a paradox? And what exactly is a "dox?" And why a pair of them? If so, then is a paralegal...a pair of eagles?

So many answers, to few russian spies.

And so, tonight, I leave you with these words of wisdom:

"It is not honorable to be honorable without honor!"

Thank you. ~Tuma

..whoa..

i think chilly means cold b/c it gives u teh chills, which are shivers or w/e, and chilli was originally made from chillie peppers so its kinda hot (spicy hot) in its own way

bob could use some counseling.. o wait.. bob was 'a'..

you could use some counseling

:P

Where's the essay? :evil:

Raise your hand (and taste the courage) if you remember "Grues and their Ways" and would like to see it brought back to the EL scene!

Wow, look at all those hands!

Ok, as soon as I find the famous 2:00 essay (hey that has a nice ring to it...and this keyboard sucks...I have to use all my strength just to type at my average .2 WPM! Err...ok I lied. .001 AWPM. Thank you. Waiter!) I'll post it...heck I'll put it on EL.net too...as soon as I find it. But I said that already, didn't I? I'll say it again. As soon as I find it. As soon, as I find it. As soon as, I, find it. As soon as I, find, it! As soon as I... oh forget it.

NOT A SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE!-->Join the navy! Eat twinkies! Homestarrunner.com! If you had to copy and paste this to figure this out, you're almost as pathetic as I am...and that's not a good thing. I love you.

i love you too Tumy ^.^ ( to understand what i am talking about please become as pathetic as tumaros [to become as pathetic as tumaros please enlarge "NOT A SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE?-->Join the navy! Eat twinkies! Homestarrunner.com! If you had to copy and paste this to figure this out, you're almost as pathetic as I am...and that's not a good thing. I love you"])