Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest D-Day Dave

Game does not install

Guest D-Day Dave

I downloaded the file, unziped it, changed the directory to /home/blah/blah/el.x86.linux.bin, made the binary file executable and tried running it in a terminal and it does not work. it says there is no such file or directory :devlish: what am i doing wrong? is there something i'm missing?

I saved backups of the initially downloaded file in case i need to just start from scratch.

someone...please hlep :D

Did you try

./el.x86.linux.bin

or just

el.x86.linux.bin

The current directory, . , is not always in the path so you have to prepend the name of an executable with ./

Guest D-Day Dave

yeah i used the ./ before the file name and it still told me it doesn't exist. that's what has me really confused.

I don't understand how the chmod command would've worked then. Are you certain you are in the right directory? You can do a ls *.bin to see if the binaries are there.

Guest D-Day Dave

i didn't use the chmod command to make it executable. i went through the properties tab on the icon to get to permissions. i used ls * .bin and it shows the binary file in grey/white in the downloads file and even lists the EternalLands folder in the games file.

Guest D-Day Dave

I have fixed the problem! ^_^

The solution was too right click on the Eternal lands file, go to "actions" and click "open terminal here". inside that terminal the ./el.x86.linux.bin command worked and I am currently going through the setup process.

Thank you chr0nik for trying to help.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this