Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Uberad

Pick points

I've pointed this out in the game but I thought I'd point it out here in the forums witha sugestion and reason as to how to improve this area

First off I like the idea of Pick points vs the old method of buying attributes. It forces you to develop on going skills. Not that an incentative is needed But still it keeps consistency with other skills...

But binding pickpoints directly to lvls in overall skills punishes the higher rated players witht he as you move up you have to earn a dishproportionate amount of experience to get pickpoints for attributres

As I pointed out to get lvl15 on basic attributes you have to be lvl 61 in over all experience this does not take into account any nexuses or perks.

Why not modify this: so that you get 1 pick point for each lvl above 10 to pickpoints for each lvl above 20 3 above 30 and so on.... so from 10 to 20 you would have 10 + the basic 5 from 20 to thirty you woulkd get another 20 pick points from 30 to 40 30 pickpoints

the idea of linking pick points to overall level was so it made it harder to get pick points as you went up levels. This means that as you get better it takes long to improve, which is true for anything in real life, maybe it gets to hard after about level 50 but it needs to be harder as you get better

I understand what your saying but I'm sorry I don't agree with you...

There are manny things in this game that don't refelect "real life" You can say it is by desing. But then that is what sugestions are for ~ THey are proposals for a differnt thought or view point That you may not have consider.

Many things in life do not get more diffcult as time goes on they get simpilier. You should ask yourself "why do People play this game" MY guess is that that it is not becuase You have to do the same task 10,000 times so that you can move up to Higher levels. And as an FYI doing the same thing in repetition is not the same as making something harder to do or amking it more challegening. The higher up you move in a skill is becuse you have obtain a greater mastery that is refelected in your work more arcane knowledge or your people skills got better Or you have a talent that you evolved.

Some times you move up because you know the right people. Like the people in the game who know someone who will make a tit Item for them.

My point about the pick points is that you are effectivly rewarding people for working har and achiving a certian level It gives them and incentive... and brings some balance to the people who have higher skills.

which is true for anything in real life

Anytime you're talking about game design (that's not a simulator) and you consider saying something like "that's how it is in real life", you should resonsider your reasoning. The only reason you should have for designing something in a game is because it improves the game, not because "that's how it is in real life".