Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest_Synus_*

Character Maker = Game Crash

Guest Guest_Synus_*

i download game and install correctly, open it. it loads to the main screen....login and new character button... i have no login....so obviously i go

new character...but when i go into the character maker, it crashes (client closes), and windows opens up "send report" thingy.

im pretty darn PC savvy, so dont insult me by saying is it ur firewall... no it isnt.... i dont know why its doing this...i was once able to play before....but have forgotten login.. it was a long time ago...so i though maybe its my mods to my pc....so i go and repartition the whole thing....(and i have 2003 XP SP1 Home Edition [i keep it downgraded for certain mod purposes]) and then i try to reinstall but it still same problem. I then update pc to SP3...and all the little updates in between, but still nothing? is it possible im ip banned? i dont think i am...for 1 i have a dynamic ip, and two, i have wifi and switch networks all the time....

The crashes are most likely related to your graphics card / chip / driver, so here we go:

1. Some system specs would be nice, especially your graphics chip

2. Update to the latest driver available at your graphics chip vendor

3. If that doesn't help, open the options window at the login screen (ctrl+o) and enable the Poor Man option (details tab)

4. Still no success? Try to rename/move the shaders folder in the EL directory (works for several older ATI cards)

Guest Guest_Synus_*
The crashes are most likely related to your graphics card / chip / driver, so here we go:

1. Some system specs would be nice, especially your graphics chip

2. Update to the latest driver available at your graphics chip vendor

3. If that doesn't help, open the options window at the login screen (ctrl+o) and enable the Poor Man option (details tab)

4. Still no success? Try to rename/move the shaders folder in the EL directory (works for several older ATI cards)

interesting, but i never had to do this before, and unless the game updated, which its still 1.7.... this theoretically shouldn't be a problem....but il still try it...

as for specs....atm its :

XP home edition 2002 SP1

pentium ® 4, 3 GHZ, 512 ram

Nvidia geForce FX 5200 not updated......

il do poorman, and then il update pc, but as i said before...i tried it... and still nothing...il come back prbly in 24 hrs TY 4 trying at the least..

Guest Guest_Synus_*

enable the Poor Man

WOW, well i need a new pc....thanks Gampa you did it

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this