Eternal Lands Official Forums

Ok so a few days ago I was thinking of something for the game that would keep people from wasting time travelling back and forth to & from storages...there can be a downside to it also just please hear me out.

Teleport Bags

They could maybe weigh 5emu (so that you couldn't bring a bunch with you)

They could be made with a needle in inventory and like maybe 5 leather & 10-20 thread

and what they do is when "used" is bring up another window with the same # of slots as your inventory (with a big bold line seperating stuff going to and coming from storage) and also brings up your storage window, at this point you can do 1 of 3 things

Deposit- (which will send any of the items that you put in the new window straight to storage...*the bag dissappears)

Withdrawl- (which takes anything you put in the new window from your storage window and puts it in your inventory (granted you can hold it)....*bag's gone)

Transfer- (stuff you put in the new window from inventory and from storage to the new window are transferred...*bag's gone)

so they'd be one time use...but like ok here's an example

I have the IEDP perk and I wanna make 100 FEs in the CC on DP so I take 2 leather gloves, 100 Red Snapdragons, 100 Red Roses, and 50 bones

now usually after I make the 100 FEs I mine what sulfur I can hold and then have to walk all the way back to storage which kinda gets boring (I am aware that there's closer places but then there's also the point of not being able to hold much iron ore and having to go back to storage A LOT)

anyway if I had one of these Teleport Bags, after I used it and opened the new window I could put the 100 FEs and the extra sulfur in it from my inventory and then take 100 more red snaps and red roses plus any more needed bones from my storage and put it in the new window and hit the "Transfer" button and automatically be able to start making 100 more FEs.

It would also come in handy if both you're picks,gloves,saws, whatever broke you could use a bag take 2 more from your storage and hit the "Withdrawl" button and now you can start mining again without the long walk back to storage and then back to the mine...

so what's everyone think? please don't be too harsh it was just something I wanted to get out of my mind.

It is interesting, that many people dident realise why are the resourses where they are and why are storages at bigger distances from one resource than other.

The idea itself sounds very nice, but it's abusable, and makes things too easy ...

Harvesting hydro would be too easy ... just come there with full inventory of tele bags and harvest in peace.

Exploring would be useless - why explore new areas when you can use a tele bag ? (no need to find closer storage etc).

Mules, high EMU builds would become useless.

Am i about to die ? -> quickly open a tele bag and transfer all i have in inventory to storage.