Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest_Krazy_*

Characters flicker; can't change resolution

Guest Guest_Krazy_*

OK, I have an ATI Radeon X800 made by Visiontek. As of YESTERDAY, I have the latest drivers download straight from Visiontek's website.

A few days ago, I started EL. Everything seemed to work OK, except that EL would crash whenver I changed the resolution or attempted to change to fullscreen mode.

Yesterday, I installed Windows Vista (I previously had XP, and still have it installed on another hard drive, so I can dual boot), and reinstalled EL. With Vista's default drivers, it seemed to work well, and it even let me change the resolution... although it didn't seem to do much, and it instantly caused all character models to explode (you know what I'm talking about, right? Where a model's triangles just, kind of... fall apart, and you're left looking at a sloppy mess on the screen?)

Then, I installed Visiontek's drivers, and it was back to the original problem with crashing as soon as I changed resolutions and went to fullscreen, as well as a new problem: Character textures would flicker in and out between their proper form and some weird, distorted, black and white image (not greyscale, literally, black and white). It looks vaguely like a cartoon where a character gets hit by lightning.

Now, to prevent stupid answers:

If I have to reboot and switch to XP every time I want to play EL, I will not want to play.

I downloaded the latest drivers YESTERDAY from the manufacturer of my video card, even better than ATI's drivers.

Yes, I know Vista stinks, I installed it for other reasons that wouldn't be worth going in to. Plus, I somehow obtained a free copy, so why let it go to waste?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this