Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sirdan

quests

i dont know if this is even possible but what if every player could make one quest? like u setup a thing like the map editor and make a quest editor and every can make a quest but u can only make one quest (unless ur uber good)and ur quest cant be talk to faris for 2kplat it has to be a good one to be implemented but i dont know if its possible and probaly isent but imagen the number of quests there are at least 1k players on el and if they all made one great quest well wed never run out of quests..

but then agian i dunno if its possible :P

Who going to sort through all of the quests and decide which is good or not? How to implement 1000 quests?

I'm not really against it, but the sheer amount of work it would involve.... I don't think the developers would like it.

i agree with lyn,

1) they have enough going on so i dont think they wanna make a quest editor from scaratch

2)it WOULD be almost impossible to implement without weeks of mods time and people would probably set up quests where u got 20 mil for doing nothing :/

pssssttt, players can already make there own quests ;D and there is a quest editor, its called microsoft word

pssssttt, players can already make there own quests ;D and there is a quest editor, its called microsoft word

ahem... this quest editor is only able to create low quality quests, as far as I know :wink:

ummm... quests are just ppl telling you what to do, then you do it, all you need is a bunch of words, microsoft word can create stories, quest outlines. Your saying anything that comes from microsoft word is bad...

ahem... this quest editor is only able to create low quality quests, as far as I know :)

:lol:

There shouldnt be a quest editor for mass production of quests - instead we need high quality quests, that will take an effort in terms of writing, programming, map making and 3d modellation (hence I disagree with MikeH's simplification - Quests should be more, and some brain activity should be needed in order to do a quest).

It's not just about telling a story - it's about being a part of a story/adventure!

But there should be some guidelines, as I asked for here: http://eternal-lands.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4215

well, you write the outline

dan: save the world!

player: ok!

---player saves the world---

dan: good job! heres a prize!

or something, then you send it in, then the programmers program it, and mappers add a cave, or something to make it work